1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Double $$ neck issues

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gkman1, Jul 25, 2012.

1. gkman1

gkman1

Apr 5, 2006
    I bought a double $$ Warwick 5 string about a year ago and have had constant issues with the neck changing. The B string is raised very high on the fretboard. I've had the bass set up twice and even sent it to US Music Corp for evaluation. They said the neck was fine and just needed an adjustment. The B string is constantly raising. I have a Music Man Stingray and never had these issues with the neck changing Anyone else have this bass or some input...much appreciated!!

2. octaverazor

octaverazor

Jun 3, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I have the 4 string versus. One the most stable basses I have ever seen. Its stays in tune for weeks. The bridges on Warwick's have a lot of adjustment on them. If its just the b string giving problems make sure all the set screws are tight and everything is stable. Other than that, I don't know.

3. gkman1

gkman1

Apr 5, 2006
    I thought after I received it back from US Music Corp ( which took over 3 months) the issue would've been solved. When it was returned to me, the action was a bit better but not great by miles. Within a week, the action was raised the same as it was before I sent out. I tried calling them back and sending emails , but my calls were left unanswered......just very frustrating...especially for one of the most expensive basses I have ever bought.

4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    gkman1 -

Sorry to hear you're having issues. May I ask when was the bass with US Music? Also, are you using a tapered B string? You can view all of our setup videos here: http://warwick.de/modules/infos/info.php?katID=23974&cl=EN It seems odd that just the B-string is raising...but let's see if we can't get this sorted out. Where are you located? Feel free to PM me or email me at g.noble@warwick.de, and we'll take whatever steps necessary to help you out. Thanks!

5. octaverazor

octaverazor

Jun 3, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Well there you go.

6. gkman1

gkman1

Apr 5, 2006
    I want to give a huge shout out to Gary Noble for sending me in the right direction on getting my bass back to where it needed to be.....Much appreciated!!!

7. CORBS

CORBS

Dec 28, 2010
    What was the problem?

8. gkman1

gkman1

Apr 5, 2006
    Neck was bowed......kept shifting..

9. FunkRenegade

FunkRenegade

Jul 7, 2012
    It's made of hard woods with steel rods, but it took a loong time for mine to stabilize. I don't get it. IME, since the neck is so stiff, truss rod adjustments don't respond that well. It will do what it wants to do.

10. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Its my pleasure gkman1! Glad to hear you were able to get everything sorted out, and as it should be! Now, enjoy that bass!! Thanks again - best regards,