1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick endorser Ryan Martinie joins KoRn for their upcoming tour!

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by WarwickOfficial, Aug 3, 2012.

1. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
  2. Topspin

Topspin What's my name again?

Dec 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I played Tom Sawyer with a pick once. Shame on me.
    Korn might be worth seeing for once. :bag:

3. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    I think its going to be very interesting to see what Ryan brings to the table! We're super excited for him, and look forward to a great tour!

4. BKuettel

BKuettel

Apr 8, 2011
    Oneonta, NY
    Korn with Ryan > Korn with Fieldy
    Korn with Ryan > Korn on the cob

5. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Thank you that was funny!!!!

6. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Fieldys unique style made it interesting but Ryan is gonna blow it out of the water for sure! I will be excited to see this

7. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Fieldy's wife is close to giving birth, so he wanted to take some time off to be with her and the new baby. Ryan will be filling in for the tour, but not expected to permanently take Fieldy's place. Either way, its great to see Ryan playing out again!

8. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    What a fill in to have on bass!!!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

9. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
  10. fretlesssurfer

fretlesssurfer

Nov 21, 2005
    That makes me wanna go se KoRn. Ryan is one of my fav bassists, totally unique. and one of my favorite people!! Go ryan! SB

11. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    I agree, Steve. Ryan brings an entirely new element to the band, and its great to see him playing out again! Very cool...

12. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
  13. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Thanks for posting the link Rano Bass! Its was great to see Ryan back in action, just wish the feed mix was done better. I bet the live mix sounded great! Best,

14. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    I know... the mix is not that great bass wise.

15. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Even still, its great to see Ryan on stage...he was owning that stage! Great player, performer, and a person! Thanks again for posting.

16. Unfortunately, he will only be playing the European leg of the tour. Beat.

17. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I just watched some of the footage on Youtube. The guy totally adds a different style to their music. Even though I lost interest in KoRn after Issues, its good to hear they can still bang it out.
    I'm blown away by how good Ryan is, and even though he's the same age as me (37) he's ripped like Jesus. Kinda not fair to have both bro. Stop hogging the awesomeness.

18. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Having just spent the weekend with Ryan, I will totally agree with you on his awesomeness! He's an amazing player, and a super guy! Looking forward to seeing him find a new project of his own!

19. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I don't suppose you'd be willing to share some string/setup info about Ryan Martinie's Thumbs? I can't figure out, given the particulars of the Warwick 3D bridge, how he sets up a 5 string to be the low end of a 7 string bass. Do you know what gauges he uses and what setup he has to do to make it work with the odd tunings?

20. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Bass Player ragazine has run some long and informative articles and interviews where Ryan goes over everything. Tunings 4 string Thumbs and 5 string and his amplification. Pretty much stock electronics but stainless steel jumbo frets. Some strange tunings from what I remember I think one is tuned B D B D G but you will have to do some digging.