Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick enthusiasts, please help me!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Daywalker, Aug 8, 2005.

Which one would you choose?

Poll closed Aug 15, 2005.
  1. 2003 Bleached Blonde Thumb

46.2%
  2. 2004 Corvette FNA Jazzman

53.8%
  1. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I'm torn between the following two LTD edition Warwicks...

2003 Bleached Blonde Thumb
    [​IMG]

2004 Corvette FNA Jazzman
    [​IMG]

I have briefly played the 2003, and extensively played the 2004. I really like them both, but I can get a much better deal on the 2003. For those who have played either, or neither, which would you pick and why. Thanks a lot for your help... :bassist:

2. I voted for the 2004...'cuz I have the 2002 FNA Jazzman LTD and thery'll hafta pry it outta my cold, dead hands in the future.

3. my choice is for the thumb. the concave back means a lot to me, and as long as there's no or minimal neck dive they are great basses. i have never found the corvettes to be very comfortable. good luck.

4. Those are both hot looking basses. Which sounds better to you? I've played a number of thumbs and while they had great, great tone, I couldn't get past the neck shape. I don't know much about the Corvette, but I do think that it looks better.

5. basslag13

basslag13

Apr 16, 2005
    IMO i prefer the sound of a corvette over a thumb. I have played both of those basses and i loved the corvette A LOT more. The neck felt awesome and it was extremely punchy. If i had the money i would smack down a few bills on it without hesitation.

6. seungkoo

seungkoo Banned

Nov 20, 2003
    MD
    both great basses...the thumb being on the ligher side and a lot more punchier then the vette. i vote for thumb

7. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Thanks alot for voting everyone, it's almost even!

8. Thats a REALLY hard choice, I voted for which one looks better (the Thumb), but I'd take it back if I could cause I've seen how much interest and how much you like the Corvette in past threads.

I think you should get the Corvette.

9. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    I voted FNA Jazz, even though I've got a Thumb and an LX. That Jazz is sweet!!! Dont like blond necks or fingerboards.

10. RE:PEAT

RE:PEAT

Jun 24, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    IMO, the Corvette will be more versatile for you, but I've heard that Beach Blonde slapped...oooh baby!

11. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    I've tried out the corvette but not the thumb - I loved the sound of the corvette, IMHO it was the best bass I've ever played. But because I can't compare to the thumb, my vote goes for looks only.

Corvette :bassist: I love the long left horn, and that top is stunning, even though I don't like the inlays

12. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I can get the 2003 for about $1200(used), or the 2004 for $1600(new). I could buy the 2003 now, but I'd have to wait for a couple weeks(next payday) to get the 2004. I may just be GASing too much, and being impatient. Whichever one I choose, will stay in EADG %90 of the time, EbAbDbGb %5 of the time, and DADG the other %5. It'll be mainly for playing top 40, crowd pleaser, bar music, so it needs to be versitle. Again, thanks for everyone's help...

13. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    And one more thing, would anyone rank the DOUBLE BUCKER higher than these two?

14. sotua

sotua

Sep 20, 2004
    US Northeast
    For versatility, Corvette over the Thumb.

And in ergonomics too... I'm 5'10" and I had problems with playing the thumb in the first position due to the short upper horn and the neck dive.

15. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Now youve said the music you play, get the vette, also its a second hand price and if you can find a mint instrument for 2nd hand money you cant lose

16. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    oops sorry wrong way round, get the vette even if it is new :oops:

17. jpo259

jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA
    I've played a few of the bleached blond Thumbs'.......................KILLER tone from those basses'! So incredibly snappey and poppy!!! EXCELLENT tone for funk!! Very fast neck. I have a Corvette Standard fretless. I have never played the FNA Jazzman. Can't comment on that bass.

I have BIG-TIME GAS for a Bleach Blond, though!!! The tone of that bass is ALIVE!! And I'm talking the unplugged tone!!. Plugged in, it is IN YOUR FACE!!!!!! MUCH, MUCH room for dynamics on a bass like that! It's smallish body and relatively light weight make it such a pleasure to play. My vote is with the Thumb!!!

EDIT: If I could, I'd get BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. I've never tried a Beach Blonde but I have to vote the Jazzman anyway. I can not find a bass that I like better than mine, and its not even the special edition. I think you'll win either way though.

19. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    I had to chose a while back between a thumb and a c-vette std. I picked the c-vett b/c of the neck shape, the pickup layout (use it for a thumb rest), and the balance. I like the tone better, just my preference. I haven't played a jzmn, but picked it for the poll. Just don't like maple fretboards and like the brunette better.

I say go for the one that give the most GAS if you can afford to wait and/or eat more ramen noodles and balogna. I jumped on my second choice a couple months ago, and long story short, ended up sending it back. Now I'm saving for the real GAS-giver. :D

20. i prefer the corvette over the thumb because of the shapes of the bodies... not that it matters if you like them both.