Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwick F.Mastermind PUP question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dadodetres, Aug 11, 2005.

1. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    hi! i readed that the PUP on the warwick fortress masterman is a dual Jazz Twin and not a humbucker.

i tried a rockbass streamer, the one with only 1 PUP, and find it to sound great when it was with a humbucker, but VERY thin when using the single coil option.

i have tha chance to try the MM before buying it, but would like to know if changing the dual jazz for a humbucker is a good idea.

so if yes the dual pre amp wont be necesary, and so maybe changing the pre is an option. Ive always been fan of 3 band eq instead of 2, so maybe i could get a good 3 band eq pre, with the option of been bypassed, and the spare pot could be a passive tone control.

any comment is welcomed, also recommending me posible hummbuckers and pre amps!

2. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    this question goes also for other warwicks with the dual J and 2 pre amps...

anyone?

3. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I wouldn't change it. The fact that its a dual jazz pickup makes it very versatile. You can set it so it sounds like just a jazz pickup, or make it sound like a stingray with that solid, growly single humbucker sound. It would be a lot easier to just keep the pickup the way it is. I wouldn't do anything to mine...

4. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY

thats actually my question, can you make it sound like a humbucker?

do you have anything recorded with yours?

thancks!

5. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Yeah... what i meant to say is that since its a dual jazz, it can sound not only like a humbucker, but also like a jazz pickup. If you swapped it for a humbucker, you would only get the humbucker sound. Here's a couple samples with my bass:

www.purevolume.com/jesseh