Warwick F.N.A. Jazzman 5-string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by whitehouse, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Hi all..
    I just signed myself in here..awesome site !
    ehm..first i'd like to excuse myself for my bad english..I am from the netherlands and well..english is not our first language..

ok..my question..

I have an Warwick F.N.A. Jazzman 5-string
    and i realy like it very much...

when I went to the music shop 3 months ago,
    to buy myself the bass, I had make the choice between the Fender Jazz and this one (the warwick)...well, I choose the warwick because of the heave tone...
    I myself think that one of the differences between the fender jazz and the warwick ( warwick generally) is that warwick has got a more agressive and more heavy sound then the fander jazz ..

If I am right the warwick (in general) has got a very very heavy -mid- .. am I right in this ?

I still have got much to learn in mixing the tones..people who have to mix my bass-sound in the PA-system say to me that I have a very agressive "oemf" .. and that it is a bit hard to controll in the PA-system..
    does anyone have got the same probs with mixing the Warwick for recording or for stage ?

well..there are more questions , but I save them for later..

ps..if anyone (who is living in the states) wants to buy warwick too..they should consider to move to holland or germany..
    I saw that the warwick basses in the states or sometimes almost twice as expensive as here in Holland or in Germany..
    here you pay for the 5-string F.N.A. Jazzman almost 1500$ .. how much is that in the states ??
  2. Welcome to TalkBass, Whitehouse! :D Don't worry about your English, it's very good.
    I can't really help you with the sound questions, as I've never hooked one up to a PA system or actually even played one, but I can say that the U.S. price (as shown at warwickbass.com) is around $2199. From what I've heard, too, is that the Warwick's tone is heavier than the Fender Jazz Bass. Of course, I could be wrong. Hope I've helped in at least one department!
  3. yeah..the warwick is more heavy..
    the bass has got a heavier type of wood, wich you can hear in the sound..
  4. Pea-NUT

Jul 1, 2001
    Jerseyville, IL
    That is my dream bass. I love the tone of them. I never played them through a PA. I dont really like playing through a PA either. I hope you enjoy it.
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Warwicks in general have a tone that always seems to cut through the mix very well. They never seem to get lost. That is probably why your sound tech thinks he is having trouble controlling it.

And the FNA Jazzman basses are very nice. I had a regular FNA 4 stringer for about a year, which I liked very well. I think if it would have been the Jazzman, I would still own it. I have played a couple of them now, and that extra pup really adds something to them, compared to the FNA.
  6. That is also my dream bass! Maybe we're...soulmates! :eek:

Kidding :p