1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick: First GAS symtoms (sp?)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by luisnovelo, Sep 27, 2002.

1. For the first time, I have the serious desire of buying a bass for pure GAS.. I just got my first 5er (Ibanez BTB405) 3 months ago.. And I'm already thinking about getting a new one..

Check this out..
    I found the page of a warwick dealer in Argentina which has put on sale some warwicks.. some of them are incredibly cheap!

- warwickbass.com:

CORVETTE "Standard"

6 String (A-A, MEC soapbars) $1,999

- http://www.todomusica.com.ar/warcorve.htm:

Warwick Corvette
    Standard ST-6
    OFERTA u$s 807

Cuerpo Bubinga
    Mástil Ovankol
    Clavijas Cromadas 3 +3
    Diapasón Wenge
    Nro. de Trastes: 24
    Micrófonos 2 MEC Activos Soapbar
    Controles Tono - Volumen - Balance
    Escala de Diapasón: 43.31"

They haven't replied to my email so I don't know if they have more models on sale.. but at least the corvettes are at less than half their price in the US..

2. They will not reply your email.

I send 3 emails and nothing happened.

Actually, my aunt in Argentina will buy the same bass for me if i tell her to do it (she has already MY money). But i'm a little doubtful about do the final step to do it.

You will not find a cheaper new Warwick, that's true, but their lack of customer support is something to think about. If i'm going to spend US$800 on a bass, i want some answers first!

EBP

PS. Si quieres saber más detalles, enviame un PM y te responderé a la brevedad.

EBP

3. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    If you get a Warwick you will love it. I am probably going to spouting forth the virtues of Warwick Thumbs on this board for the next year or so now that I have mine. Then when I do add another bass, it will be either a Spector NS4CRFM or Modulus, then I will be spouting forth the virtues those basses. ;)