Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick FNA 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hoon, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Hi guys, I've just acquired a brand new Warwick FNA 4 Stringer, for about 1500 SGD which I think roughly converts to 880 USD, and am just wondering, is that a good price? compared to ordering online, as I have no idea of how much it would cost in another country, only that shipping a bass here would cost about 200 USD, was wondering this for future purchases online. Thanks.

2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    They are discontinued so you can't get them new. Very cool basses IMO. I played one for quite a while and liked the tone. $880 is a bit high but not awful if you ask me. ;)

3. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    I have one..its a great bass, but it has become a backup to my Fender MIA Jazz..I like the tone a lot, but Its not a jazz bass...

4. Yeah, love the feel of it, i managed to get it new as the store was clearing some of its old stock, it apparently had been sitting in the warehouse for a couple of years

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I think $880 is a pretty fair price. $650 - $750 would've been even fairer.

6. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Those are nice, I was thinking about getting one a while ago. I still need to get a bass with that humbucker sweet spot position. Off topic I wish the G&L l-2000 had it's bridge position humbucker moved up a little like the 1500, that would be heaven for me, two big humbuckers side by side serving as ramps. Anyway kick some *** with that thing.

7. Speaking of which, other than a warwick hardcase, are there any other hardcases which the bass can fit in? Perhaps skb? Thanks.