SOLD Warwick FNA 5 string - new pics added

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Kobilly, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Kobilly

Kobilly

Apr 27, 2012
    Annapolis MD
    Price:
    Strings:
    fna 9.jpg
    I am looking to sell my F.N.A. 5
    I had this up a while back but ended up gigging with it for a while.
    Finances say this one has to go, hate to do it
    This bass is road worn as you can see but the neck and everything works great. It really is a good bass. Sounds great.

This F.N.A. weighs in at 9.12 lbs.

Looks like it has some different knobs on it and if you turn the pan (balance) one direction you get nothing. Not sure if all single pickup models did that or if the pre amp was changed (pic included). Has 4 knobs, vol, pan, mid, bass / treble stack. Either way, sounds like a Warwick and plays great. If the spacing was a bit wider I would love this thing.

Serial # J-066963-99

So I assume it is a 1999 model F.N.A.

I dont have a warwick case but I can ship in a Music man case or gig bag.

US 48 only

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    Just want to point out that what you have isn't a Jazzman, but rather a FNA. A Jazzman is supposed to have a jazz pickup in addition to the musicman style pickup, and also, the preamp isn't the same. Yours I believe come with a Seymour Duncan pre.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Brianvw and rogerbmiller like this.
  3. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Correct- this is an FNA and preamp should be the Duncan STC-3P 4 knob design.

Great basses. I have one and love it. Growl for days!

4. Kobilly

Kobilly

Apr 27, 2012
    Annapolis MD
    You are correct ..

5. MTBassMania

MTBassMania

Mar 5, 2013
    Year? Neck woods?

6. Kobilly

Kobilly

Apr 27, 2012
    Annapolis MD
    Not sure of the year... I'll try and track down the serial #. This bass has been played and it shows on the body so I have to guess it is an early FNA model. I am not 100% but I would say the neck is Ovangkol with wenge ...in good shape

7. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    Can we get more pictures of the bass? Is it a thin neck or bigger rounder profile?

8. MTBassMania

MTBassMania

Mar 5, 2013
    The last two numbers should give you the build year. If it is a dark brownish wood, ovengakal. Light, maple. More pics would suffice.

9. Kobilly

Kobilly

Apr 27, 2012
    Annapolis MD
    I'll get some pics taken tonight. I would say it the thicker Warwick neck... not thin ......definitely ovengakal

10. Amajew

Amajew Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2016
    I have an 01 FNA... the neck is thicker than say a Ibanez SR series but IMO its very comfortable. It is 16.5mm spacing similar to a lot of Spectors

11. Kobilly

Kobilly

Apr 27, 2012
    Annapolis MD
    New picks added. it is a 1999 model

12. fritzk9

fritzk9

May 11, 2005
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nice bass! What's it weigh?

13. Kobilly

Kobilly

Apr 27, 2012
    Annapolis MD
    9.12 lbs

fritzk9 likes this.
  14. jaydbass

jaydbass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Have a 4 string in same color. Great playability, tone and comfortable neck. Whoever gets this will be a happy camper. GLWTS!

15. I thought I read somewhere that you could adjust the string spacing on those basses...is that so?!?!
    Also curious to know if there has been any 'modifications' to the electronics as you mentioned the "pan" knob takes the volume away if rolled to one side.

16. Kobilly

Kobilly

Apr 27, 2012
    Annapolis MD

17. fritzk9

fritzk9

May 11, 2005
    Indianapolis, IN
    Notes on the bridge adjustment can be found here: http://old.warwick.de/media/manuals/Basses/WWBassManual_en_2012_small.pdf

Basically, the black saddle piece can be moved side to side and then locked in place (each saddle can be adjusted in 3 dimensions: up/dn, side/side, forward/back). If all of these black saddle pieces are adjusted, then the overall string spacing for the bass is adjusted.

GonzoBfiddy likes this.
  18. Kobilly

Kobilly

Apr 27, 2012
    Annapolis MD
    Thanks for the intel Fritz!

here are a few notes from an informed TB'er about pre amp

Preamp appears to be correct STC-3, though it may have been replaced at some point. STC-3 has more electrolytic caps than STC-2 preamp and 2 adjustable pots just like the Warwick's. My guess is that it's a new off-the-shelf STC-3 with the blend control added, and stacked bass/treble instead of separate controls. The blend/pan could be removed and the concentric pot could be replaced with individual 100k pots without too much headache.

Refer to Seymour Duncan STC-3 wiring diagram for MM type pickup:
    https://www.seymourduncan.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/MM_Standard.jpg

19. Bigturd72

Bigturd72 Banned for deceptive classifieds practices Inactive

Feb 6, 2018
    Jamestown, NC
    I have a brand new G&L usa made L1505. Very close to a stingray sound although nothing nails it as you know. It still has the hand tags...0 hours on it.

Attached Files:

20. Does it come with a case?