Warwick FNA JazzMan, or Corvette with a better amp?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alexvs, Jan 22, 2001.

1. Alexvs

Oct 18, 2000
    Kalmar, Sweden
    I tried a Corvette Std. a couple of days ago. I liked it, the neck felt great etc. etc.... Then I tried a FNA JazzMan. IT BLEW ME AWAY!! I loved the sound, feel, looks and everything. I tried both basses on a small Hartke amp. But the problem is that if I buy the FNA, I won't afford a good amp.
    What I liked so much about the FNA was the warm sound it had. I tried to get that on the Corvette by boosting the lows, but it became too muddy. Will I get the same warmth with the Corvette Std. and a better amp (Hartke 3500 + 15" cab) that the FNA had? Or should I buy the FNA and a cheaper, maybe used, amp?

Help me!!

2. dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    What equipment do you have right now? That might help myself and others determine our opinions on what you might want to do. I've played both a Corvette Standard and FNA Jazzman also, and if I got the Corvette I would be jonesing for the Jazzman and regret not getting it. If your amp set up is good enough I'd say go with a the Jazzman. But if you have like a 10 watt Crate amp I would recommend getting a phat amp, skipping the Corvette and saving up for the Jazzman. I'm not too familiar with Hartke, but if you want a good inexpensive amp go with an Eden Nemesis set up; I have the 2x10 combo and want to get the 1x15 ext cab for some more low end, both would cost under $1000 new, even less used.

Just my 2 cents, hopefully that helps, a little bit...

Sep 10, 2000

Sep 10, 2000
    whoops i think i got that on the wrong post!
    sorry Alexvs!