1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick FNA Jazzman ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by *ToNeS*, Mar 31, 2001.

1. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    i've been thrashin on my Fender Squier for quite some time now, and i've pretty much beaten it to sh*t and am now in the market for a higher-end bass. the only ones that have really caught my attention are the Ernie Ball Stingrays, a few of the Fenders (the Deluxe model with the humbucker looks pretty damn appealing, huh??) and a Warwick FNA Jazz. i've tried 'em all except the jazzman, and i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what they're like to play, how much they go for (second-hand AND new - bear in mind i live in Australia, too) and what kind of tones you can get out of them (i play a heap of jazz, funk and metal/rock so i need something versatile) - someone told me Stingrays are no good for jazz, and i went in and had another play on one today and was completely turned off by the difficulty of playing fingerstyle on them effectively (damn that ill-positioned pick-up!!), so i'm sorta not interested in those anymore. thanks for any advice you can give :D

2. Alexvs

Alexvs

Oct 18, 2000
    Kalmar, Sweden
    Hi!

The Jazzman is a great bass! I was at my local musicstore today and I'm going to buy one of those for sure!
    They are very versatile! But I suggest that you try a Warwick before you decide which bass to buy, because their necks are a little bit different from everything else....

I will get prise info on monday, and will probably buy it at the same time...

/Alex