Warwick FNA Jazzman ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by *ToNeS*, Mar 31, 2001.

1. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    i've been thrashin on my Fender Squier for quite some time now, and i've pretty much beaten it to sh*t and am now in the market for a higher-end bass. the only ones that have really caught my attention are the Ernie Ball Stingrays, a few of the Fenders (the Deluxe model with the humbucker looks pretty damn appealing, huh??) and a Warwick FNA Jazz. i've tried 'em all except the jazzman, and i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what they're like to play, how much they go for (second-hand AND new - bear in mind i live in Australia, too) and what kind of tones you can get out of them (i play a heap of jazz, funk and metal/rock so i need something versatile) - someone told me Stingrays are no good for jazz, and i went in and had another play on one today and was completely turned off by the difficulty of playing fingerstyle on them effectively (damn that ill-positioned pick-up!!), so i'm sorta not interested in those anymore. thanks for any advice you can give :D
  2. Alexvs

Oct 18, 2000
    Kalmar, Sweden

The Jazzman is a great bass! I was at my local musicstore today and I'm going to buy one of those for sure!
    They are very versatile! But I suggest that you try a Warwick before you decide which bass to buy, because their necks are a little bit different from everything else....

I will get prise info on monday, and will probably buy it at the same time...