Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WARWICK FOR ME!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BillyBishop, Feb 23, 2002.

1. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    I just bought a warwick standard streamer 5! This thing rocks!
    Paid 1200 canadian(after tax)
    [​IMG]
    I was just wondering if theres anything I should know about it (upkeep, maintanence etc)

w00t

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Just send it to: R.J. Rabe N7008 Winnebago Dr. Fond du Lac, WI, USA.

3. That is sweet. Where did you get it? Other than waxing regularly and doing the other regular stuff(wiping down strings etc.) there isn't much to it. Jeez I like those Warwicks so much that I know this stuff and I've never played one. I gotta find a store that carries them near Ottawa! Grrr.

4. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    Long and McQuade on bank and altavista, its in the mall were the huge indepentant is! They have warwicks!! (Well not a streamer standard 5 right now, cuz I bought it, but I'm sure theyll get more.)Wicked place.

5. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    How important is the waxing? I didn't get any (it's supposed to come with it) so where can I get some?

6. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Dale Titus is extremely helpful. He got me the supplies my seller neglected to include:
    DaleT@danabgoods.com

Best customer service I 've ever had!
    He said it'd be alright for me to give his contact address. I wouldn't hesitate to get in touch with him.

7. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Ya know, I'm just not one for Warwicks... but that one has me thinking! Nice Bass!

-robert

8. sabb0

sabb0

Feb 24, 2002
    australia
    try the warwick site
    i downloaded a pdf file there on care and maintenance of warwick basses

9. that's nice
    I like this one, but 6 strings fretless

10. bank and altavista?! YAY! I gotta find an excuse to get the folks to drive me there now. I can't wait to try them out! :D

11. Wow, nice bass! have fun with it!

12. Jeez, I think I played that the other day! I'm in Ottawa visiting my girlfriend (and checking out all the music stores too!). Nice piece, I found the neck a bit thick for my liking, though. I did decide that I want a Stingray 5, though! :D
    Congrats on the new bass!

13. Wow....Fractal, where did you find that?????

14. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    if ANYONE finds a fretless version of that bass - LET ME KNOW and i will paypal/money order you the money to buy it for me. they stopped making the streamer standards like that a little while ago, and all the new ones will be "rockbasses" which i DON'T want.

oh yeah, and that's a sweet bass my friend. even though the body wood is very non warwick - and even the pickups/electronics...it still sounds like a warwick! i'd like mine with a bartolini preamp though :)

jason

15. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    Heh cool. Long and McQuade is a great store.

16. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    The neck was to thick and you went with a Ray? That is the strangest thing i've ever heard :eek: :D

17. Don't forget to try Steve's. They're great guys. But you won't find anything amazing. Just the usual fenders, MMs, ibanez, a few low end spectors, that kind of stock. But they did have a Ric of some sort last time I went.

18. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    Long and McQuade is kind alike that too..but they have warwicks!

19. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    Oh yeah and it's almost never busy there.

They close at 6 on modays to thursdays, and at 9 on fridays and saturdays (not open on sundays). SO yeah they close really early during the week which makes it hard for me to get down there.

20. From a practical point of view has anybody found satin oil finishes or the high gloss polish finishes more durable, or is one easier to keep clean?