1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Fortress Flasback value?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kimgee, May 20, 2016.

1. kimgee

kimgee Guest

May 15, 2014
    none
    Hello all, I am looking for some feedback on a thorny situation I have gotten myself into. I purchased used 4 string Warwick Fortress Flashback off of ebay, from a guy in Portugal. I am in the USA. I paid just shy of $1200, including shipping, after the seller claimed it was in perfect shape. In reality, it is not anywhere near perfect. It is in good functional condition for the most part, but the quick release strap lock is stuck in the upper horn and it has numerous dents and scratches on it, with one ding on the back penetrating the finish. The seller also claimed it had the 2tek bridge, and now I realize that is not the case. It has the standard Warwick bridge and tailpiece. That last bit is partly my fault for not knowing the difference.....never had a Warwick or 2tek bridge before. I understand these are pretty rare and cool looking (main reason I bought it), but I am having trouble deciding whether to return it, or keep it. Any body out there have an idea about what a realistic value of this bass might be in $USD? I will try and post some photos later today.
    Thanks in advance.......

2. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    I'm sorry you went thru this, and I'm doubly sorry that nobody here on TB tried to help you out.

I don't know much about the Fortress Flashback basses, but I can tell you that there's one selling locally in my area for $749 CAD, with hardshell case and it's in pretty great condition. Personally, i don't think that this bass - especially without the 2tek bridge - is worth $1200 US.

I hope that you were able to find a resolution with the seller... from teh 10 minutes I spent with the Flashback, it's seems to be a pretty cool bass.

3. MrUsefulAlien

MrUsefulAlien

Jun 10, 2011
    Prague, CZ
    Zombie thread, wondering what ever happened with the bass?
    $1200 is not bad, I saw one go for $1,700 on eBay with the Tek 2, flashbacks are rare tek2 or not.
    I have a fortress one, and it is true I paid around $700.
    Would love to own a flashback!!
    What's a tailpiece? The nut? Is it brass?
    Warwick bridge is still awesome, again, not a bargain, but definitely not a ripoff.

kimgee likes this.
  4. MrUsefulAlien

MrUsefulAlien

Jun 10, 2011
    Prague, CZ
    PS
    With transatlantic shipping that's actually a pretty good deal.

kimgee likes this.
  5. kimgee

kimgee Guest

May 15, 2014
    none
    Yep, I came to the same conclusion and kept it.

MrUsefulAlien likes this.
  6. Plucker Tom

Plucker Tom

Dec 29, 2014
    Philly
    I bought a 1996 flashback brand new in 96...for around 600ish...with the 2 tek bridge Trans violet color..One of the best basses I have for sitting in the mix with a live band...and I have like 20 basses..the only other one that sits great in the band is my 78 Inca stingray....

kimgee likes this.
  7. Basshead247

Basshead247

Mar 21, 2018
    I will be 20180425_113128.jpg buried with mine...

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021