1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Warwick Fortress (German, 1996)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Delsan, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Delsan

Delsan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Bowmanstown
    Price:
    Strings:
    42998138_1002632776582866_430489369556549632_n.

Here we got a pretty ballsy "jazz-bass" with an ultra-comfortable body-style, kickass electronics, and some peak upgrades.

It's a 1996 German Warwick Fortress (NOT A ROCKBASS!) People who love Fortresses know what's up; this is the most underrated design in Warwick's lineup.

The tone I'd describe as a Warwick's take on a jazz bass, for obvious reasons. It runs a pair of single coils. I've upgraded it with a Bartolini 2b preamp (formerly an EMG BTC). This really beefed up its tone's mass in terms of how well it fills out the bottom end. It lends itself strongly to distortion pedals, and it has a nice, vanilla tone that pops and sparkles, and is highly responsive to attack.

You can push/pull the volume pot for active/passive. The controls are volume/blend/treble and bass.

The neck is super lovely to play on. It's Wenge, and worthy of the name Golden-Era. Of course, it has an original just-a-nut, with the individual string saddles. The body is maple, painted with a deep, rich burgundy shade that's handled the years well. The action you can get on these old Wenge fretboards is positively filthy, and you'll feel like you're running your hands across a flat surface.

The hardware has been blacked out, because come on, who doesn't like black hardware? It used to be silver. It got old. Black's better, roll with it. Speaking of black, it also has a cool ebony ramp between the pickups. It's a handmade ramp from a guy on Reverb who specializes in Warwick ramps. You can remove it by removing the inward facing screws from the pickups, and simply taking it off. No modification necessary. It fits on Four and Five-string Corvette Standards too (due to the short pickup length).

Pickups are MECs of course (they are short-style jazz pickups, not standard five string length).

She's an extremely comfortable bass with lots of power. I have samples galore, but ultimately, you'll be the arbiter of its tone.

Dropbox - video-1538173955.mp4

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  2. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    You are way too close to me and that bass is priced way too low.

Delsan likes this.
  3. Delsan

Delsan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Bowmanstown
  4. Quickfinga

Quickfinga Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Looking for trades?

5. Delsan

Delsan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Bowmanstown
    Cash is king. If you have an offer, make it. But I'm highly discriminating and reserve the right to make fun of anything sunburst.

lazarusdoom and Quickfinga like this.
  6. Delsan

Delsan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Bowmanstown
    Still here.