1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Warwick Fortress Masterman 1996

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by acid bass, May 29, 2019.

1. acid bass

acid bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Price:
    Strings:
    This one's a beauty. Flamed maple body with wenge neck and MEC dual J/MM style pickup. Also has the brass Just-A-Nut II. If you're a Warwick guy you know the Mastermans are hard to find. I'm at 8 basses currently so even though I love this bass I'm holding it hostage more than I'm using it. It also means I'm not really looking for trades right now.

Why so low? You can see most of it in the pics. This one's a road warrior and has been beaten up a bit. The straplocks are a bit loose and could probably stand to be replaced. Most notably the headstock has been cracked/glued. I've gigged it several times and it's holding strong but if you ever want to get a replacement neck from Warwick that's where the discount comes in. I tried to capture the repair in the pics.

Comes with Warwick Rockbag. Free shipping in the lower 48.

Attached Files:

jerVc, Zitch, Reedt2000 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Do you know how much this one weighs?

3. acid bass

Apr 2, 2010
    I'll get a weight for you when I get home and update this comment.

Edit: I don't have a good scale for this so I had to resort to standing on my bathroom scale with/without the bass so take the accuracy with a grain of salt. But by that measure the bass is roughly 10 lbs.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  4. JSandbloom

JSandbloom Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Redding, Ca
    Grace Guitars USA
    The preamp and pickup in this bass puts every Stingray to shame! It growls like nobody's business!

NapBassT and acid bass like this.
  5. NapBassT

NapBassT Fretless and Ramps Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2015
    SoCal
    I've had a Fortress Masterman as one of my main gigging basses for years now. No bass of mine has come close to receiving as many compliments about its tone as that one has, and I've owned some fantastic instruments. It can do the Stingray thing well (I prefer it to a Stingray myself) and also has a very Willis-esque sound with the rear coil solo'd, which is my tone of choice. Whoever snags this is gonna be very happy!

acid bass likes this.
  6. HELLonWHEELS

HELLonWHEELS Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Houston
    Just an FYI, unless things changed recently Warwick does not sell replacement necks.

Beautiful bass, love the wenge neck! This could be a good candidate for a fun refinish job. GLWS

acid bass likes this.
  7. acid bass

Apr 2, 2010
    I know that someone was was able to purchase a new neck last year. I have no idea if Warwick changed their policy since then. Warwick did require that he destroy the old neck first though. I think EBMM is similarly stingy about dealing out replacement parts.

=The Warwick Fortress Club=

8. Bilvis

Bilvis

Jun 25, 2017
    I see you have a fortress flashback as your home picture. Is this Nick the same dimensions as the flashback?

acid bass likes this.
  9. acid bass

Apr 2, 2010
    They feel the same to me. According to Warwick spec sheets they have the same fingerboard radius and widths at the nut/24th fret.