Warwick Fortress Masterman

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Rope, May 20, 2005.

1. Rope

May 27, 2003
    Essexville, MI
    This is a Warwick Fortess Masterman. The real deal, not a RockBass. Red /Burgundy (I suck at naming colors) over a really nice figured top. Twin J pickup. Some of the lowest clean action you will ever find on a bass. One very small scratch on the back, but you would struggle to notice it is I hadn't warned you it was there.

This is a great rock and roll bass.

$650 shipped and insured in the lower 48. Includes gig bag. PayPal, MO or Cashiers check.

Would consider trades for similar value.
  2. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    If I didn't already happily own a Fortress MM, I'd be all over it.

Warwick Fortresses are awesome basses!
  3. Very pretty color. Good luck with your sale!
  4. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    It's a Fortress, which means they were discontinued prior to Warwick changing their necks from Wenge to Ovankol, and using the graphite nut instead of brass. If it's a Fortress, it's pre-98.
  5. Rope

May 27, 2003
    Essexville, MI
    Thanks. That's actually something I didn't know.

What I can tell you is that this is a fabulous bas to play. And gorgeous to boot. As a non-giggin musician, I just can't justify owning a dozen or so basses anymore.
  6. Rope

May 27, 2003
    Essexville, MI
    One more try for the week day crowd.
  7. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    The fact that it is a Fortress doesn't mean that it was made prior to the use of ovankal necks and graphite nuts. I have a later (2000, I believe) Fortress Masterman 5 that has both the ovankal neck and the graphite nut. IMHO, while it feels a bit different than my mid 90's Fortress Masterman 5 with the wenge neck and brass nut, it plays as good and sounds the same. The biggest difference I can tell between the two is cosmetic. The mid 90's has a beautiful flamed maple body, that while not bookmatched, looks killer. The newer one has two distinctly different looking pieces of maple making up the body, one with flames, one without.

8. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    You're right Steve. I also have a Fortress Flashback that was made in 2001, even though that modelwas discontinued in 1998. Warwick can make discontinued models on request if they have the parts left.

Free Bump
  9. Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    Its red... not purple... correct?
  10. Ian Hall

Ian Hall

May 31, 2002
    I want that bass sooooooooo bad....
  11. Rope

May 27, 2003
    Essexville, MI
    I am not realy good with colors, but I would call it burgundy/red. It is definitely not purple.
  12. VifferMike

VifferMike Registered Four Banger

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Man, I had one of the last 4-string Fortress Ones (two-pickup model; one J-style at bridge, one inverted split P at neck) made with a wenge neck, way back when. Satin black in color. Sold it about three years ago. I've been bitch-slapping myself in my sleep ever since.

This is a lovely instrument for the money if you play any type of aggressive music. Definitely worth a bump.
  13. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I'll give this a free bump too. If I didn't already own a sweet Warwick Corvette 4 (w/ hard case), I'd be all over this one since the MasterMan was the bass I most lusted after in high school.

MasterMans are cool. And the price for a sweet discontinued bass is hot. I heard it'd getting reasonably sought after in underground circles.
  14. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    love mine like no other!
  15. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    This masterman is sort of like the Streamer Pro M with the fortess body? I had a Pro M awhile back, I really liked it.
  16. woodshed

Jul 18, 2005
    Email sent!

17. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Is this beauty still available??! if so... i'm considering a new bass.... not just yet though...
  18. woodshed

Jul 18, 2005
    I emailed, private messaged, no answer...and bought a Thumb neck through that kills!