1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Fortress One, two questions

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by nolezmaj, Oct 10, 2013.

1. nolezmaj

nolezmaj Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Europe
    I recently purchased old Fortess made in 1995, and am loving it. I have two questions, so please help me if you can:

1. Push-pull master volume pot is working, but makes loud scratch noises when used. Also, shaft is loose, and pot has slight wiggle up-down (with lots of noise) even before it clicks up to the passive position. I guess it should be replaced?
    Could someone give me the link to exact one in Warwick online shop or ebay? I live in Europe, but can get order from USA. What would be the procedure for replacing it - I have noticed that pot is connected to small printed plate, does it have to be replaced to? Or do I have to separate these and replace only pot?

[​IMG]

2. This model has very peculiar strap-lock buttons, and I don't like them, because they are not sticking-out, so cant be used with ordinary strap. I have remove them, but how do I fill the holes? Should I use wooden dowels, maybe wood glue? Will they be safe enough - I doubt the screws that will hold new strap button will reach the body. I am afraid that dowels would get ripped out...

[​IMG]

Thank you for your answers!

2. nolezmaj

nolezmaj Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Europe
    Ok, just for future reference, replacement pot is named "MEC Pot Volume 500K-B 1", and can be ordered here.
    Price is a bit steep (as with all Warwick replacement parts), but shipping is even worse. Fortunately, this part can be ordered from other shops, same price but much cheaper shipping.