warwick Fortress

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mlu, Aug 4, 2005.

1. mlu

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    How does the warwick fortress compare to corvette. I have never played a fortess. i own a corvette std. In your opinion which one do you find to be the more dominate bass.
  2. mlu

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    One other thing, does any one know what the retail price of the bass was?
  3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Which fortress? the plain P/J or J/J, the Masterman twinJ or the Flashback J/twinJ? The first two had maple bodies, the last one had swamp ash. I once played a P/J, the sound was similar to my Corvette, except a bit clearer (due to the maple) with just a bit more growl (wenge vs ovangkol)
  4. bassarch

Jul 24, 2001
    Being an owner of a fortress PJ 4 active and having listened to a couple of 'vettes in bars ; I can say that my fortress is much more on the brighter and cleaner side which makes it more agressive than the vette( maple vs bubinga ). Both have a deep huge dark bottom though I feel that corvette is more ballsy than my fortress.But my fortress emphasizes the mids more than the vette.
    It is hard to decide which one is better ...Should Own both to make a decision I guess :rolleyes: anyone out there who has both ?

By the way I replaced the stock pre with SD 3 band active pre.The stock pre sucked.