Warwick Fortress

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassline1414, Sep 3, 2001.

1. I saw a used Warwick Fortress with a P+J configuration at a local store for about 800 bucks with case. It has a couple of dings in it, but none of the paint has been ripped off or anything. I thought it sounded pretty good, and it was comfortable as well. What do the TBers think of this bass? I haven't had the opportunity to try a lot of other basses in this price range, so is this a fair price for a used one?
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    I nearly bought one and got a Thumb instead.

Its a big investment so look around on the web and see what prices people ask for them. Try Harmony Central ,bass central and bass NW and see what they have.

Try to play other basses as well.
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Make sure that it has active electronics. I owned a passive one once. Hated it! :mad: It's a great bass, if it's active.
  4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    If it is the active Fortress One, it would be definitely worth looking into. The Fortress basses balance really well with the longer upper horn-no neck dive like the Thumbs. I believe Warwick no longer makes the Fortress series.

$800 isn't too bad of a price, but see if you can talk em down a little bit. And like was mentioned already, check around and see what they are going for used at a couple other places.

5. Yes, it is an active one. They had a passive one with lipstick pickups that sounded like crap, but this one was nicer. I'm gonna try to see if I can get a better deal on it. Thanks! :)