1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

warwick fretless double buck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by catrunes, Mar 4, 2008.

1. i was thinkin bout pickin one of these up, the new 6 string version. i've played the fretted 4 and 5vers but has anybody played the fretless versions? just wanna know how that set up sounds as a fretless bass.

2. RE:PEAT

RE:PEAT

Jun 24, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Unless you're really skilled, get the lined fretless. I bought an unlined fretless 4 $$ and was not satisfied with my less than spot on intonation. So I had small Dunlap 6230's installed and ended up with quite a nice fretted axe. The ash body, ebony fingerboard and $$ pickups...schweet!

3. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    I'm just swapping my first fretless (unlined) for a lined one. that's not too say you should get lines, just consider it.

to answer your actual question, I've got no idea sorry :D

4. thanks guys. ive actually had practice playin an unlined fretless for the past 4 years or so, an im pretty confident about my inotation but i havent decided if want the lines, just to make it easier.