Warwick from Rob at Bass-Only

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mcdonap, May 21, 2003.

1. mcdonap

Sep 25, 2001
    I wanted to thank Rob at Bass-Only, (www.bass-only.com), for my new Thumb B.O.4. I have to say, I've bought a lot of basses and have been treated pretty well in terms of customer service, but this has to be my best experience.

Rob answered ALL of my questions, and spent all the time I needed/wanted discussing the bass, Warwick, wenge vs. ovangkol, etc. prior to my buying it. He gave me a terrific deal price-wise. (Truly the deal of a lifetime!) The bass is brand new, so he could have just sent it off, and have been done with it. Instead he set it up, checked everything out, oiled the fingerboard...looks like he even waxed it for me.

Without my having to badger him, he sent an email when he shipped the bass with all the tracking information. (I've gotten this information in the past, but usually I have to call the shop for it.)

I really feel like he went above and beyond good customer service.

I know Rob's thinking about shutting down Bass-Only. I sure hope he decides not to, and I would highly recommend him for your next Warwick purchase. I know I'll give him my business whenever possible.

2. That all sounds great but I think you're forgetting something....coughpicturescough...
  3. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    You know...I bought a Warwick Rockstand from him about a week ago...he was a pleasure to deal/talk with and he treated me very well. He kept me updated with e-mails and did the same for me with the tracking info. I also hear that he's shutting down. That's a shame...the customer service he gave made me wanna do more business with him. Anyways...either way it goes if you're reading this Rob good luck to you my friend.
    Alan Hassan
  4. mcdonap

Sep 25, 2001
  5. Oooh, thats a pretty top.
  6. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
  7. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    hey there, thats pretty sweet!
  8. He has an amazing deal on an FNA Jazzman Limited Edition (with the swirly bubinga top), going for $1240 + shipping! :eek: If I had the cash, I would have picked it up immediately...
  9. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Hey, Rob is the best when it comes to Warwick stuff. I needed a case for my Infinity LTD 5 (ebay puchase in which original case was parted out seperately) and Rob came through quicker and cheaper then anyone else I talked to. I even had one guy tell me they had to be specially ordered from Germany....sic. Rob had it in my hands in about a week, checked it out before he sent it out to me, and included a couple of "perks" for a bonus besides. This guy is the best!!!

By the way...that is probably the sweetest looking Thumb I have ever seen. Beautifull wood!
  10. [​IMG]

$1240 !!!

God I wish I had more cash right now... :(