1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Warwick German Bubinga Star II Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by morebassbaby, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morebassbaby

morebassbaby Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2001
    Illinois
    Hey guys,
    This is a Mint German-made Warwick Star 2 bass. It features a Bubinga Pommele semi-hollow body, Ovankol neck, wenge fretboard, chrome hardware including these awesome big chrome covered single pickups. I've played many Warwicks from all periods. They've all been good but there is just magic happening with this bass. This was the first I've ever owned and played where I was absolutely blown away! Because of the semi hollow body and the wenge fretboard, when you slap, the notes fly off the board. It's super acoustic and articulate in nature, but having a passive setup with single coils makes this a rock machine. Having owned many basses, I would say this bass is like playing the articulation of a wenge necked US MTD, with the more "usable in a rock context" place in the mix of a good old jazz bass. A rare bass for sure,
    List is $7,149.99. I'd like $2900 [del] $2600 SHIPPED Conus via money order or cashiers check. Feel free to pm questions

View attachment 285191

View attachment 285193

2. morebassbaby

Jan 26, 2001
    Illinois
  3. morebassbaby

Jan 26, 2001
    Illinois
  4. morebassbaby

Jan 26, 2001
    Illinois
    Good Morn'in! This video is not me, but is the same exact model of bass. Here's a nice video of some of the sounds you can get out of this wonderful instrument !

5. BUMP. Consider trades for Gibson Historic Guitars or Fender Custom Shop or perhaps some high end basses? Otherwise enjoy the free bump! Lovely instrument.

6. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Wow !

7. morebassbaby

Jan 26, 2001
    Illinois
    Thanks for the bump! I think the only things I'd really like to try out are US sadowsky P's and Moderns or US laklands. Thanks!

8. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

Man, I consider hollowbodies in that style to be growly(in a good way) and Warwicks to be super growly(in a great way), this is just too much. And to hear someone slapping on a hollowbody with that tone, ridiculous, awesome.

9. morebassbaby

Jan 26, 2001
    Illinois
    That's what gets me about this bass is that is the perfect fusion of inherent growls character and sold rocking fullness. Usually I've just experienced the growly thing with various Warwicks with can be nice for more aggressive playing and songs, but what about when a warmer, smooth sound is required? It's all in the hands on this bass!

10. Uncle Ernie

Uncle Ernie

Mar 10, 2007
    Queretaro
    Beautiful back!

11. overbybr

overbybr Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sweet Jebus! Free bump for pure swagger.

12. morebassbaby

Jan 26, 2001
    Illinois
    Thanks for the bumps! Somebody is going to get a special bass!

13. morebassbaby

Jan 26, 2001
    Illinois
    PM's Replied

14. morebassbaby

Jan 26, 2001
    Illinois
    PRICE DROP! $2800 SHIPPED Conus for this rare gem!

15. morebassbaby

Jan 26, 2001
    Illinois
    Thursday bump. Don't miss the bass that when you slap it, it literally blows people's faces off. Happened at a gig. True Story. Ok maybe not, but you'd be amazed at how interactive this bass is when you slap it. Not only do you have that great tone, but all of that acoustic resonance shooting through the neck and body!

16. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Out of my league financially, but omg, it's beautiful. glwts bump.

17. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    What is the weight on this bass?

18. morebassbaby

Jan 26, 2001
    Illinois
    Honestly guys, I'm sorry to say, but I don't have a scale at home. If I had to guess, I'd say about 9 pounds. The bass itself is physically big, and even though it has a lot of those typical dense Warwick woods, the body is semi-hollow making it one of the most evenly distributed basses I've played. I had a G&L that I know was 9.4 pounds and that certainly aggravated my shoulder whereas this does not. Hope that helps

19. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

Hollowbodies are generally quite light, I'd be surprised if this weighed as much as 9lbs. Best of luck with this sale, lord knows I wish I could buy it.

20. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    thanks buddy...need to think about it, wife might get mad :(...free bump in the meantime

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.