1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD WARWICK Germany Streamer LX Broadneck 5-String - Natural Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtlee, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    SOLD!!!

Just got this bass and it sounds f'n awesome, but just a touch too wide for me. The standard Warwick 16.5mm is too narrow, the 20mm is too wide...need a damn 18mm Warwick!!! :bawl:

Anyway, this is a 2004 model with ovangkol neck with wenge fingerboard, dual MEC soaps, 34" scale w/20mm spacing at the bridge. This Streamer LX has the upgaded 18V 3-band EQ with Volume/balance stacked (push/pull volume), treble, mid, bass. It's super clean, barely used (can't find any visible wear on it). Natural Satin oil finish.

SELLING FOR $1400 shipped in the US. International shipping is no problem, just PM me for a quote. A non-original gig bag is included.

SLXbody2.

SLXbody3.

SLXback.

SLXHS1.

SLXHS2.

From the Warwick site:
    Streamer LX Broadneck
    The 2-piece body of the Streamer LX Broadneck is constructed from Coloured Flamed Maple. It is body-contoured in the Warwick arched shape to provide the ultimate playing comfort and comes with wide 20 mm string spacing at the bridge. Two MEC active soapbar humbuckers delivers a clear, well defined tone with a rich overtone spectrum, coupled with healthy sustain. With its fast attack and precise articulation, this bolt-on bass lends itself admirably to modern aggressive playing styles. Available in 5- and 6-string configurations.

* Bolt-on
    * Available as 5- or 6-string
    * Broad Neck (20 mm string spacing at the bridge)
    * Available as right-handed or left-handed*, as well as fretted and fretless* models
    * AAA Coloured Flamed Maple body
    * Ovangkol neck
    * Wenge fingerboard
    * Scale length: 34" (long scale)
    * 24 frets
    * Active MEC Soapbar pickups
    * Active MEC 3-way electronics (UPGRADE)
    * available in Natural Oil Finish, Coloured Oil Finish or High Gloss Finish
    * Warwick tuners
    * 2-piece Warwick bridge
    * Warwick security locks
    * Gold hardware (black, chrome or satin-chrome with extra charge)
    * Just-A-Nut III
    * Weight**: 4,8 kg (5-string), 5 kg (6-string)

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    One day, one day....:meh:

3. Is that the same spacing as an SS1?

4. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Yes, Streamer Stage I 5 and 6 strings are broadnecks - same 20mm spacing as the Streamer LX broadneck.

Forgot to mention - this Streamer LX has the upgaded 18V 3-band EQ w/push/pull volume. Volume/balance stacked, treble, mid, bass.

5. Jothabass

Jothabass

Jul 18, 2009
    Northern NJ
    Any sound clip??

6. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I don't have anything recorded with it right now. Sound clips are pretty much useless IMHO...the way it sounds with your amp/recording equipment and with your playing style is going to be completely different than mine.

The bass sounds like a Streamer Stage I - tight, focused and snappy. The Streamers sound different than the classic "Warwick tone" - not as aggressive in the low mids as a Thumb. Flatter, more neutral (and thus, more EQ-able). The 3-Band eq is very musical - lets you dial in a large array of tones without being overbearing.

Search youtube - lots of Warwick Streamer clips. Here's one (not me) of a Streamer LX5 (same pickups):

7. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    I thought Warwick bridges have adjustable string spacing, no?

8. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Yes they do, but it won't change how wide the neck is. The neck widths correspond to the stock string spacing.

9. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.