Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick... good deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lakerkobe, Jun 28, 2002.

1. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Is an excellent condition Warwick Streamer Standard 4 string for $425 a good enough deal to pull the trigger? Comes with the gig bag, etc.

2. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    you havent got it allready ... it would be worth it just for he resale value

3. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Here is a picture of it...

4. Looks like a good deal. When I was shopping a couple of months ago, I saw a new 5 string Streamer Standard for $900 CDN or $550 US before tax.

If you like the sound and playability, then go for it.

5. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Sorry for my stupidity... but is the Streamer Standard the same as the Rock Bass Streamer Standard?

6. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Hoping for a couple more opinions on the deal. I need to let the guy know within an hour(apparently he has another interested party).

7. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Good deal I say if it sounds and plays good.

8. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    dont quote me on this but i think the standards have been discontinued and are only rock basses now but theone you looking at is a stright up warwick and not a rock bass... and again dont quote me but i think that the warwick standards go for around $1,000 U.S. new, but as they were discontinued the prices droped dramaticly, i still think they should ask more for that one... are aware of what year i is?

9. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Not sure of the year... but the guy said he has only had it a month or so but needs money so is selling it. The last 2 numbers of the serial number are "00" ... so perhaps it is a 2000?

10. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    if the last digits are 00 then it's a 2000.

the WARWICK streamer standard is way better than the rockbass streamer standard. it's got the same body and pickups and lack of preamp, but the neck is the same neck that every other warwick bolt-on gets. ovangkol neck, wenge board, brass frets, just-a-nut, etc. the rockbass has a maple neck with rosewood board, normal frets, and solid nut.

that's a good price too.

11. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Cool. Thanks for the info. He is also including the gig bag and manual, truss tool, etc. Looks like I may have to get it.

12. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    So I did it. I hate having to kick myself in the ass later on when I find out I got a bad deal on something... but this seems like a pretty good deal according to the opinions you guys have given. Thanks alot.