Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick guys check this out!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Jul 23, 2001.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    I was having problems with my strap locks on my warwick corvette-pro-line so i went to there web sight and e-mailed them about it! They said that was why the stopped using those! He got my addy and is sending me a new pair! So if you have the same problems give them a e-mail!

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I've had many conversations about this subject here. Do a search on Dunlop Straplocks in all open forums and put my name (cb56) in the user name and you'll get plenty of info:

Bottom line, After replacing the Dunlops 3 times, I yanked my Dunlops out, filled the holes with toothpicks and installed Schallers.

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    so...what's wrong with them? mine stick open sometimes, but i just tap it and it locks. i just figured that it was because they were almost 4 years old and get used all the time.

so...if i complain they'll send me new ones? considering how no one in madison sells dunlop straplocks maybe i should ;)

jason

4. RAIHL

RAIHL Guest

Jul 18, 2001
    Tucson, AZ
    Was it the strap portion of the straplock that you had problems with or the portion inside the body of the bass?

5. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Don't really know for sure. At first someone told me to lubricate the little ball bearings. I did that and it seemed to help but only temporarily. I replaced the entire unit 3 times, each times I would see improvement but eventually would have the same problem. Keep in mind that these are the flush mount (recessed) straplocks that fit down inside the bass. They were on my warwick thumb bass and I think the strap pulled at the straplocks at a wierd angle causing this problem (just guessing) I have the regular ones that look just like any strap button on my Ibanez and never have had a problem with them, but I want all of my basses to use the same straplocks.

6. RAIHL

RAIHL Guest

Jul 18, 2001
    Tucson, AZ
    Thank you for the info, I just started experiencing this problem with my fortress masterman with the flush mounts

7. Wes I AM

Wes I AM

May 27, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    Geez, that seems like a lotta trouble. Why dont you toss those things and just use a coupla nice big washers like me! hehe, my strap never falls off.

8. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I knew a guy that used Duct Tape for a guitar strap once......Really
    his guitar didn't fall off

9. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    hehe as the washer iam sure work fine! I need to switch basses fast! Like i need to go from warwick 4 to fender frettless like really fast so i need to the same strap locks on all!

10. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    warwicks customer service is great. I phoned them recently about some options, wow great service :)