Warwick head + Aguilar GS112 any problems ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lewibassist, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Hiya im thinkin of getting a Aguilar GS112 . At the moment i have a warwick profet IV head and a warwick 4x10 .And i need more portability so i want to go for the aguilar 112. I was woundering would there be any problems in pairing this head and cab ? .

Thanks Lewis
  2. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

The best thing for you to do would be to go to your nearest aguilar dealer and run your head through one (or two) of those aggies. They're great cabs. I own a pair myself. Unfortunately I know almost nothing about warwick amps so I can't help you there.
  3. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    great cabs (gs112) I also own two, I'd like to own FOUR!

anyway what is the minimum ohms load for your amp?? what is the ohm rating of your current cab? runnin your amp with too low of a ohm load is probably the only thing that could go wrong, unless you don't like the tone of the aguilar.

two gs112s would be 4ohms total by themselves. one is 8ohms.
  4. Hiya my head is 400 watt at 4 ohms. And the cab im using is 8 ohms. would i be able to run my current cab with an aggie 112 , would it then make the load 4 ohms ? . I think im understanding now :)
  5. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    sounds like everything should work great!!
  6. Hiya thanks for the help :) i now understand things a lot better, cheers :)