Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick headstock?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flea claypool, Oct 7, 2004.

1. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    guys you know the W on the headstock?
    some have like abalone/mother of pearl.. rite
    but im sure ive seen plain old plastic ones!

or am i wrong like a thumb or a vette what do yours have?

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I've never noticed on my Thumb 6 and it really wouldn't make a difference to me what it was made out of...

:meh:

3. I'll echo the above post that in the grand scheme of things it really isn't that important to me. Interesting to note that my vintage white Dolphin 5-er has a gold "W" decal to match the gold hardware, instead of the usual "mother-of-toiletseat".

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The "W" on my old Corvette was made of delicious, creamy marshmallow. I thought they all were :confused:

5. So... did you pluck it out straight away, impale it on a stick and toast it over the fire? Yummy!

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I used to keep grahm crackers and chocolate in the control cavity. I'd always take it to campfire sing-alongs, and people would just love to hear me solo. At least I think they did-they always chanted "S'more bass! S'more bass!"

7. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about....mine has a mother-of-pearl "M".

Riis

8. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Be lucky you guys got one. I had to haggle the options on mine and couldnt afford the W.

9. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    NA YOU JUST PLAY IT UPSIDE DOWN! :rolleyes:

10. Anyone seen Ken Tizzard's Warwick Streamer Stage 2? His nickname is 'Worm', so his warwick has the 'W' incorparated into 'WORM' down the head stock. Tis awesome!

11. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    wonder could i get wanker

that would be mental

12. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    You're right. It's abalone or mop. Atleast my thumb and streaner lx are. Keep in mind these are both 90s models though.

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Okay, that'll be enough!
    :D

14. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

15. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    The trussrod access cover is upside down.

16. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    So is the "M"! It's becoming evident that Warwick has a serious quality control problem.

17. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    :D

18. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    (looks back at my Vette) Crap! They screwed mine up too. Heads will roll for this one. :D

19. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    In all seriousness, thedeadking sold me my Streamer LX 4 last month. It's a '98 with an all-wenge neck. Looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I believe he just purchased a Buzzard. Good show Gary!

For the record, I use a Scotch Brite (green) pad and Minwax paste wax to keep the neck nice. It smoothes out any lifting of the wenge grain. Works like a charm!

20. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Mine has MOP W on ebony headstock-plate.... as do all Ws except for customs.