1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Hellborg cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassflute, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    Anybody try/got one yet? Some o the online stores seem to be selling them, or is that just a pre-order kind of thing.

They look interesting, especially the big 15" cab. I've always wondered why someone didn't do a large box/small driver kind of thing, like contemporary home audio tower speakers, with a 6" bass driver in a very tall vented box.

Anyway, just wondering.

Thanks,
    Cameron

2. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Pretty high tech looking. Crazy!

3. I saw Jonas Hellborg personally play and demo these amps at the big music trade fair (Europe's equivalent of NAMM) in Frankfurt in the spring. To me, they sounded fantastic, but I didn't have the opportunity to play on them. I would imagine very high end and very expensive. basskopf

4. Yes, very very expensive. I was talking to the guys at Dana B Goods a few weeks ago (Warwick's U.S. dist). They start at $1000.00 for the cheapest cabinet and go up to around $4000.00 for a pre-amp or a 250x2 stereo amplifier. Thats retail, so you wouldn't pay that much.... but still. Those things better sound REALLY good for that money.

5. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    nobody's actually played or bought one yet? Just wondering...

Cheers,
    Cameron

6. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    A Hellborg stack would be doomish without a doubt...

7. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
  8. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009