1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Help!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by xiiix, Mar 24, 2006.

1. xiiix

xiiix

Mar 24, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    aight...

I play a 2002 4-String Warwick Thumb Bolt-On and lately I've been having a problem where it cuts out while I'm playing live with my band...

Now when we practice or I'm playing by myself, not moving around at all, I never have this problem...only when I'm active on stage...

I've had everything checked out electronically and everything seems to be fine but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before and how I should go about getting it taken care of?

2. It could be the output jack on your bass. I have to replace the jack on my Warwick about once every two years, it just craps out from normal wear and tear.

3. Hipnotic

Hipnotic

Feb 26, 2002
    CT/NY U.S.A.
    I have had my Warwicks cut in and out while moving on stage also. My first guess would be the output jack like Rick said. In my experience the stock Warwick jacks are really lousy. I have replaced mine with Switchcraft jacks and those have been better but still wear out over the course of 1-3 years depending on how much use the bass is getting.

4. Yes, quite likely it's the output jack on your bass.

;)

5. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006
    i have had the same problem, in fact i took my cab and head to get checked out, but as it turned out warwicks don't like cheap 9v aparently.

6. +1 for Output jack.