1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick identification

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Darkslide, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Darkslide

Darkslide

Sep 28, 2002
    So I'm just looking to trade out some gear and mix things up and I came across a guy looking to get rid of a Warwick 5. He says it's a Rockbass Corvette, but I can't seem to match it with another Warwick with the same pup/pot layout.

Any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. Turxile

Turxile

May 1, 2011
    It's a Fortress.

3. Steveaux

Steveaux Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    I ran a quick yahoo image search. It's a normal, old-style RockBass Fortress 5 ...

[​IMG]

Rockbass-Fortress-5th.

4. Darkslide

Darkslide

Sep 28, 2002
    Thanks! I'm not a Warwick aficionado, so wasn't really sure what I was looking for. Much appreciated!

5. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Yes, indeed - that is one of the older-style Rockbass Fortress'. The Rockbass line was recently revamped, with many changes/upgrades. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can assist you in any way. Thanks!

6. I've got a '94 Fortress One. If the controls are the same the top one is balance, closest to strings is volumn (push active/pull passive), bottom knob is treble and middle is bass. If this is active, the two T & B knobs will not work in passive mode. If you get it and change the strings, tapered will work and sound better on the B and E strings. Kinda like mine.

7. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    I love me some Fortresses! nice looking bass.

8. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Those old german FOs were very nice, indeed. Blankandson is correct, the bass and treble knobs will not work in passive mode.
    Here's my old '97 (active) warwick fortress one:

[​IMG]

9. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Thats a beautiful Fortress, Flaked Beans! Thanks for sharing it...