Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Infinity - input wanted

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thumper, Dec 4, 2000.

1. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I originally posted this in the Lakland thread, but thought I might get better input this way.

As a few of you know, I have been looking for a 5 with a pbass groove to supplement my rosewood dlx55. Although they are moving, the gentlemen at Bass Central let me drop by and disturb them last week while I was in Orlando (thanks Beaver and Mark!). They had 4 Roscoes I tried. Somehow, the subject got 'round to Laklands and they pulled one they had just received out for me. Big mistake, I didn't walk out with a Roscoe because I felt the Lakland nailed the pbass thing better. They also had a spalted Fodera out which was pretty sweet, but not $2000 better in my opinion. The other bass I tried REALLY caught my attention, a Warwick Infinity. I'm sorely tempted. Has anybody spent enough time with one of these beauties to give a review, or can point out any reviews for me? I wish I had spent a little more time with it, but I kept trying to like the Roscoes a little more.

2. This is a totally valueless comment, but hey, it's better than nothing!

I dont like the way Warwick basses play, although admittedly I've even seen an infinity in the wood, so to speak - they're sooo heavy and they're particularly un-bouncy. It feels to me as tho the note is lost in the neck.

I also think the Warwick infinity looks like a piece of fake antique furniture.

3. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Hey, any input is better than none. I did have an Infinity owner e-mail me, and while he thinks they are excellent basses, he feels for the $ there are better options, especially as related to quality.

Did you mean the Infinity, or Warwicks in general as far as tone, un-bouncy, and heavy? I found the Infinity pretty light, with good tone.

As for looks, I like the Infinity, but that is probably one of the most subjective areas anyway.