1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

Warwick Infinity - input wanted

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thumper, Dec 4, 2000.

1. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I originally posted this in the Lakland thread, but thought I might get better input this way.

As a few of you know, I have been looking for a 5 with a pbass groove to supplement my rosewood dlx55. Although they are moving, the gentlemen at Bass Central let me drop by and disturb them last week while I was in Orlando (thanks Beaver and Mark!). They had 4 Roscoes I tried. Somehow, the subject got 'round to Laklands and they pulled one they had just received out for me. Big mistake, I didn't walk out with a Roscoe because I felt the Lakland nailed the pbass thing better. They also had a spalted Fodera out which was pretty sweet, but not $2000 better in my opinion. The other bass I tried REALLY caught my attention, a Warwick Infinity. I'm sorely tempted. Has anybody spent enough time with one of these beauties to give a review, or can point out any reviews for me? I wish I had spent a little more time with it, but I kept trying to like the Roscoes a little more.

2. This is a totally valueless comment, but hey, it's better than nothing!

I dont like the way Warwick basses play, although admittedly I've even seen an infinity in the wood, so to speak - they're sooo heavy and they're particularly un-bouncy. It feels to me as tho the note is lost in the neck.

I also think the Warwick infinity looks like a piece of fake antique furniture.

3. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Hey, any input is better than none. I did have an Infinity owner e-mail me, and while he thinks they are excellent basses, he feels for the $ there are better options, especially as related to quality.

Did you mean the Infinity, or Warwicks in general as far as tone, un-bouncy, and heavy? I found the Infinity pretty light, with good tone.

As for looks, I like the Infinity, but that is probably one of the most subjective areas anyway.