Warwick Infinity SN?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chris Brodowski, Nov 16, 2002.

1. I was lookin' at the Warwick site and came upon one of these. I really like the body shape and the look. I was wondering if anyone has played one of these and could tell me how it sounds.

I played a Thumb BO 5 and wasn't impressed..had lots of growl, but no depth whatsoever...Plus the neck was akin to a California redwood tree.

I usually look for basses that sound good with the amp set flat (that is usually a good indicator to me to the overall bass sound) before considering buying in the near or far future, and this one was growly as anything but tinny.

So, any input whatsoever would be good.
  2. Well, here comes any input: :)

I didn't realize there was a set-neck version of the infinity until I read your post. I have played the Infinity LTD 2000 and loved it. My main bass is a 1997 Warwick Thumb 5 (Neck Through). I completely love it. As far as EQ goes, I hardly if ever EQ it anymore, and normally leave the settings flat. I find this to be true for me with most Warwicks, so this probably would be true with the Infinity SN. I don't know if you can go wrong with a Warwick IMO. The majority of complaints I hear about Warwicks have to do with the infamous "neck-dive" and general weight of the bass, so do yourself a favor and play one with a strap, standing up, to make sure it's comfortable before you buy one. The Infinity SN looks like a neat bass, i'll be sure and try one out if I see one!

3. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I had an Infinity 5 neck-through, and the ONLY thing that kept it from being a keeper was the weight/neck dive. It had all the sound I ever wanted, and this is coming from a person who really doesn't care for Warwicks. In fact, if I didn't have a bad back, I would have kept it anyway. Tonally, I much preferred it to the BN5 Studio Fbass I had.