Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwick jazzman?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Dec 19, 2001.

1. haven't been able to play one of these yet, but they look extremely interesting to me. apparently they come in both the streamer and corvette body styles, and between the MM pup and the slanted J pup, i bet they're pretty versatile. anybody had some experience with one?

2. Don't tell me your getting tired of the Reverend already? :D

3. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Zach Morrisey? Was he in the Smiths?

How about Hobo's Bums for a band name.

4. :D
    heaven forbid, i'd pick my reverend over any fender, musicman, ibanez, etc. but, my "someday" instrument has always been a really nice warwick. as in, someday when i have $3,000 to throw around. :eek:

RS - morrissey was in the smiths, zack morris was the guy from saved by the bell. it's like a combination of those names...

5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Jazzman basses are a myth. Warwick only teases us with them. Many stores claim you can "order" one if you like.

I've been fantasizing about a streamer jazzman for 2 years now. If I ever played one I'm sure I'd either get it, or get over it. It's a Warwick plot I tell you, just to keep you thinking about them always. If we can't afford them, they at least want thier basses to be on our minds. I might sell my Corvette just to get back at them.

Hey, wanna buy a really nice active Corvette, bubinga body, wenge neck...... ?

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    myth or not - i've played a corvette jazzman.

played just like every other bolt on warwick - which is very good.

as for sound, it was pretty versatile. you could get a decent MM or jazz sound out of it, and still had that warwick vibe to the sound. the thing i DON'T like is that the neck pickup is a single coil, so it hums. i would think warwick could have made a pickup similar to the dimarzio ultra jazz in there with the two side by side coils - but i guess you could always drop one in if it bugged you.

jason

7. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I played a Streamer Jazzman and was very impressed. I tried it against a Thumb BO 5, Streamer 4, Corvette 6, all within a few days of each other. I found it to be the most ergonomically pleasing and tonally satisfying of the lot. The streamer shape is great, love that contour!
    Tone-wise, it's quite versatile w/ the HB being splittable, plus you can run it series or parallel.
    Great neck, if you like them round- kind of thick.

I was about to go back and purchase the bass when a deal on an Infinity 5 prototype came along.
    Otherwise I definitely would have a Streamer Jazzman in the arsenal. I felt it had more useful tones than the corvettes and thumbs I tried.
    I played a Dolphin a few years ago, and at the time wasn't into thick necks, so I didn't really like it. Other than the Infinity (which has similar electronics) and the Dolphin, the SJ would be my recommendation for a great all-purpose Warwick.
    Of course, I haven't played a Streamer SII...

8. Eheheheheh! I got this one a couple of weeks ago, for $699. It's the Guitar Center 36th anniversary edition or something--yeah, maple fretboard.
    My Aguilar OBP-1 is on the way, and I think after it's installed, this bass will be pretty cool.
    [​IMG]

9. I play the Corvette F.N.A. Jazzman 5 string for 2 months now .. it playes nice !! :)

this is the one :

(image from www.warwickbass.com)
    I have the fna in the same colours[​IMG]