Warwick Jazzmans

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flambeu, May 3, 2002.

1. Flambeu

Apr 14, 2000
    What are the differences? (Between the Streamer and Corvette FNA). From what I see and read in their specs, the only difference is the body shape. Anything else you know of?
  2. Well the streamer and FNA have totally different pick-ups, and electronics for one.

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I think you meant the streamer and the "corvette" jazzman - not the FNA. As far as the 2 jazzmen go I believe that the body is the only difference, and the price. The only way unfortunatly you'll ever get your hands on a streamer however it to order and buy one, or call warwick and have them send it to a store especially for you to check it out. This makes no sense to me whatsoever, but that's the way they do it. There are no streamer jazzmen on the shelves of any stores.
  4. too bad you do not live in Holland or Germany ..

I have bought my F.N.A. Jazzman 5 in Holland for the German price (1300$ new) and I found the F.N.A. in the biggest music-store in Europe, in Germany .. it's an hour driving from here

the " only " difference is the wood and the pickups .. ehm.. this means that you have 2 very different basses !!

although they both sound very " warwick"

question.. have you ever seen a Warwick Sweet15 in Canada ?
    I wondered if the Sweet15 amp is sold much outside Germany .. I bought mine in Germany for less then 400$ .. (150W, 1x15)
  5. I have not seen a Warwick in Canada period. There might be a store that sells them, but I've been around Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal and not seen one.

Hmmm...I wonder why that is?

6. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I played a Streamer Jazzman 5 in Mississippi; would have gone back to buy it if my deal on an Infinity 5 hadn't shown up when it did. Lovely bass, the streamer jazzman. I prefer the beveled/contoured shape of the streamer. The maple was a little plain looking, but it sounded and felt so good that I was sold. It's a fine instrument.
    I haven't seen an FNA in the US yet though, so I'm not sure about those...
  7. extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    I believe the Streamer Jazzman has a maple body while the FNA Jazzman is an ash body with a maple top. All pickups, electronics, hardware, and neck should be the same...
  8. what is the difference in sounds between the 2 different wood-types ?
  9. I tried both recently and found i didn't like the shape and feel of the corvette. So i tried a thumb bass and it felt better in alot of ways. However i didn't like the price of 2800.00 canadian! The feel and a bit better sound is the diiference.
  10. wow..those prices are huge !!

how much does an f.n.a. Jazz5 cost in Canada ?
    here in Holland it's less then 1600$ and in Germany it's 1400$ (or less)