Warwick Katana, Finally getting off the ground?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AxtoOx, Dec 30, 2005.

1. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I've had one since they were first introduced, I love it, it's my main 4 sting. Dana B Goods was asking for reviews when I got it. Sent in a favorable one,and they told me it was off to a slow start due to it not looking like a traditional Warwick.
    I noticed on the back page of Bass Player this month they are running a full page ad on them listing 10 endorsers including Ryan Martinie of Mudvayne.
    Looks like they may finally be getting some traction. Does anyone else have one, or have you played one?
  2. I've played a Katana NT 5-String at my local music store. I noticed that it sticks to your stomache very well. Tey're oddly shaped for comfort reasons. I kinda fell in love with it, even though it's kinda ugly. The problem was the NT cost too much and the cheaper BO isn't supposed to be that great. They are very comfortable though and have a great tone. I might buy one when I have the money. Great bass!

P.S.: I thought Ryan Martinie only played Thumbs, Streamers and Vampyres. Never new he played Katanas.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ive seen more on ebay this week than i have in a year.

Id say they are getting more popular.

Ryan Martinie plays whatever they pay him to. Im sure in his spare time he doesnt reach for the Katana, but he endorses it.
  4. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I've only seen him play Thumbs every time I've seen Mudvayne play live. I doubt that he even plays Streamers, Vampire, or Katana, but for picture purposes, he'll pose with whatever Waewick is trying to sell.
  5. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    No kidding on the Katana's on ebay...either they're getting more popular or no shop can sell them and they just need to blow out their stock.