Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Katana Tuner Mechanisms

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mrbaloo, Aug 24, 2004.

1. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Hi

In the August '04 issue of Bass Player Mag, they put out a review of the Warwick Katana Bolt On. On page 56 BP mag shows a close up photo of the bass' head including the tuner mechanisms.

Do you know what brand of tuner mechanisms Warwick mount on the Katana bass? They seems to be exactly the same as the ones I have on my Peavey Cirrus.

As some of my Cirrus tuners has broken washers between the tuning handle and the gear housing, I'm looking for (original) spare parts (possibly new tuners) from the original manufacturer (or Peavey). I have tried to be in contact with the official Peavey agency in Sweden but I have not gotten any responses.

/MrBaloo

2. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Gotoh Tuners with Warwick logo on the back.
    Many Bass manufactures use Gotoh.

3. Ozzyman

Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    Goto Hipshot.com i think they have a list of companies that use Gotoh tuners.

4. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Thanks! I think I have finally found some pictures (somewhere in the web) of Gotoh tuners that somewhat matches the ones I have on the Cirrus. But I'm still not sure if they are Gotoh's. They aren't for sure the Gotoh GB-7.

An ad from Spector Basses in the same issue of the Bass Player Mag (august 2004) on page 63 shows that Spector basses seems to have the same tuning machines as my Cirrus and the Warwick...

/MrBaloo

5. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden