Warwick LWA 1000 availability

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rditmars, Dec 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rditmars

rditmars

Aug 7, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    I'm considering a Warwick LWA 1000 for Christmas, but a couple of the usual on-line retailers aren't shipping that model until March '18. Is this a usual year-end inventory issue or does Warwick have something new and improved in the pipeline? Should I wait or keep shopping?

I really want to try the two channel setup with my Epiphone Zenith!

Rick

2. Acoustic356

Acoustic356 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    Warwick redesigned the LWA 1000. The wood panels are no longer there, it is a complete steal enclosure.

This is one of my favorite heads, played it again at Wooten Woods, decided to get another one, and I never go back and buy something that I sold again.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  3. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    I bought a new one of these recently, ( no wood cheeks on mine either ) and the high mid and treble knobs on both channels were fubarred. I sent it back and after a week, it came back to me with a note inside saying amp was tested and working fine.

I cabled it up and plugged in and shock horror - same problem. On both channels. Again. Either those high mid and treble EQ's are so delicate in their action, that you cannot hear the changes or they didn't bother even looking at the amp and just sent it straight back and claimed it was fine.

Also, one of the 4 plastic ( not even quality rubber ) feet fell off, and couldn't be put back on.

I didnt even bother contacting them to return it a 2nd time. I contacted Mastercard and did a charge back.

I'd like another but i'm now concerned about buying one again.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021