1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick LWA 1000 Lightweight Bass Amplifier Head Now Available in Black

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Apr 24, 2018.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    The popular Warwick LWA 1000 Lightweight Bass Amplifier Head is now available in a completely black version with a pure metal housing without wooden side panels. The technical specifications and affordable price of this 1000-watt, lightweight bass amp head have not changed.

Warwick’s first entry into the field of lightweight bass amps is the 1000W LWA1000. This convenient package of 2 input channels with full EQ section and compressor on each channel combined with a power amp stage that is designed using the latest advances in Class D technology. This gives you a chameleon that can be used in pretty much any situation. The configuring of the amp to give 1,000 Watts at 4 Ohms and 500 Watts at 8 Ohms makes it possible to have the power you need for the gig regardless of the size of the venue. The 2 inputs let’s you have 2 basses plugged in and ready to go with their own unique settings already dialed in.

The pre-amp is based on Warwick signature low noise Class A circuitry made famous with the WA and BC series of amps. This technology makes sure you have the warm huge distortion free sound you desire without disturbing noise. The advancement in power supply technology and error correction circuitry in the Class D power amp used in the LWA 1000 allows for tighter and stronger bass response than previously possible in this type of amps. Making it comparable in sound to much heavier Class A/B amps. The Warwick LWA 1000 Black weighs just 1.9 kg.

The Warwick LWA 1000 Black is now available.
    For international pricing, please contact your local distributor or dealer.

For more information, please visit:
    en/Home.html www.w-distribution.de

W_A_LWA_1000_BLACK_01. W_A_LWA_1000_BLACK_02. W_A_LWA_1000_BLACK_03. W_A_LWA_1000_BLACK_04. W_A_LWA_1000_BLACK_05. W_A_LWA_1000_BLACK_06.

Skeptismo likes this.
  2. speyer

speyer Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2006
    Bowen Island, CANADA
    Great looking enclosure. Anyone able to comment on the tone of these heads? I like a 2 channel head.

3. The channel switching, pedal & cable, plug in location eludes me.

BrentSimons likes this.
  4. lowendrv

lowendrv

Dec 12, 2007
    SoCal
    ice_screenshot_20180424-182238.

BrentSimons likes this.
  5. BrBss

BrBss Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    NM
    That's a pretty cool idea. One less cable running across the stage.

BrentSimons likes this.
  6. Paul M

Paul M

Jul 21, 2005
    Many solid state amps can put out really high volumes but their sound just doesn't seem to have weight – they're just loud. This amp has the big, full bottom end like a tube amp but with a clean top end. It's a clean sounding amp in general, not meant for overdriving. My only complaints are:

1. The input impedance does not work well with passive basses. They sound dull on this amp. A buffer of some kind between the bass and the amp really helps.
    2. The on-board compressors help to add that weight to the sound but you can't push them too far – anything past half way will make them clip. Very annoying.

Other than that, I like this amp. It's my first choice whenever I can't lug my Fender Super Bassman 300 to a gig.

SirMjac28 likes this.
  7. Skeptismo

Skeptismo

Sep 5, 2011
    Washington
    You can also run two instruments at the same time, which I have done many times giving lessons.

8. Susqmike

Susqmike

Nov 15, 2011
    Love it. (so much i bought 2!) I usually have a clean signal and a processed one, so the two channels are perfect. Nice tone controls (low mid/high mid). I'm using alembic pre's into the L1000. Couldn't be happier. Would replace tomorrow if it died.

9. I'd be more interested in a single channel version.

10. Acoustic356

Acoustic356

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    Did they fix the compression problem with the original?

11. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    my bass tone can beat up your dad's bass tone.
    following for this.