Warwick LWA 1000 : Praise to their service department

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by john m, Dec 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Do you get sound when the master volume is set to zero?
    I do with my amp. I'd like to know if other LWA's do this before I send it in for warrantee repair.

2. Dug2

Dug2

Sep 24, 2011
    chicago
    any way you could contact warwick to find out? they have a pretty good forum over there
    also. gl

3. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    They say there should be zero sound,but there may be a ( language) communication barrier, so I'm checking with other users.

4. mp40smg

mp40smg Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Worcester, Ma.
    I do not.
    When set at 0.I get no sound at all.

Due to force of habit.. I always turn my master to 0 before shutting off. So, on start up, I always have to turn the master up to get any sound. Last night also used head phones. And again starting from 0 no sound through the phones port either.

5. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Thanks.
    I purchased mine from GC online December 11,2016. I'm not sure of the exact date I received it, but the Warwick repair center has agreed to repair it under watentee :thumbsup:

6. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Warwick service department repaired my amp under warrantee. I only had to pay shipping to them. The great thing is that my paperwork put the amp out of warrantee by only 2 weeks, but it was difficult to determine when I actually receive the amp after ordering it from GC.

It was probably a faulty master volume pot, but they did not have the component, so they replace the complete front board. I'm happy with the amp (bought it for doubling on EUB and BG) even happier with their service.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021