Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick LX 5 thoughts???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grooveguru, Dec 2, 2002.

1. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    I just purchased a Warwick Streamer LX 5 and am awaiting it's arrival. I have owned several Warwicks before including a Thumb 4 Bolt-on, Fortress 4 and Streamer Stage II 4 and wondered how the LX models stack up. Please no Warwick bashing as I've heard the drill before. I've owned 3 and have one in the oven so to speak so let me hear your opnions.

2. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    You had a stage 2 !!!!! :eek: You lucky @#$#%&. I have customized warwick 5. Plays like a dream. Lx 5 to me is one of the best looking warwick models ever. Havent played one but just thought i would let you no what i think. I hope it plays as well as think it will. peace

3. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Yeah I had a Stage II. It was one of the nicest basses I've owned but it was a 4 and I'm playing 5 these days. If you ever get a chance to check one out make sure you do. I'd love to have another in a 5 string version. I really dig Warwicks and I'm hopin that this LX 5 does the trick. I gotta get some pictures posted as soon as I can.

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    you'll love it. is it new? so...ovangkol neck? you'll have to let us know what you think of the ovangkol neck vs the older basses.

i really wish i had an lx6 fretless instead of my thumb...but i might just find a fretted lx6 and swap the necks eventually :)

5. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Yeah it's new one. My 1st Thumb had an Ovankol neck but there were some cosmetic flaws and when I sent it back I got an all Wenge neck model in return so I've experienced both. While I like the Wenge better the Ovankol wasn't bad. I did love the feel of my Stage II so I'm looking forward to the feel of the LX as the Thumb took me a while to get used to but I really did like it after I got used to it. This will be my 1st Warwick 5 so I guess I'll have to get used to the narrower spacing. I usually play a Lakland 55-94. You know what they say....Once you go Warwick you never go back ;)

6. I'd wanna Streamer5 LX BN if I didn't lust for the below more.

7. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    I received the LX on Weds and got to use it this weekend.

Inital impressions:
    1.) Flame Maple Body in Satin Finish is outstanding.

2.) Tone is very very growly and sort of clanky. Reminds me of my old Ric a bit. Nice 180 from my Lakland.

3.) Spacing is a bit tight but I haven't messed with the setup yet.

4.) Very Comfortable to wear all night.

Very nice bass. It's a keeper! I have to get some pictures and will post them.