Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick LX / Streamer!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, May 25, 2002.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, How does the Warwick Streamer LX 5 rate against the STREAMER stage II? The neck is the main thing. Is it near identical in string spacing, and overall feel to the Streamer? It almost looks identical (except for small details)
    The Streamer LX is a lot cheaper, that is the reason i am asking.

Bye for now.

2. You should probably ask AllodoX, but i do know that the LX is bolt on and the Stage II is neckthrough. I like the stage II better. Have you played both?

3. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    Hello... I don't wanna seem to be rude, but the Stage II is actually the best Warwick bass.
    In the Eighties, the Thumb and the Dolphin were also very good, but you must remember that the new ones (post-91) are factory made with a lot of cheaper woods/hardware/pickups/craftmanship.
    If you wanna a good and honest advice, get an older one. I've just sold my 1989 Stage II... and I must admit that it's the best Warwick bass I've played (and I've played/owned 7 Thumb basses!).
    Warwick bolt-on bodies are made in Korea for 2 or 3 years, but Hans Peters did reveal this only a little ago.