1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick MEC PJ pick ups and Aguilar OBP 3

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Low End Rider, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Hi..I have a Warwick Pro Streamer lx. Love the way it feels and plays. The electronics are 2 band. I've always used 3 band Aguilar OBP 3 pre. I have one laying around. (Obp 3) So I'm thinking of using it .
    My question..I'm sure someone has done it. Which volume and blend pots should I use for the MEC s ?

2. somebrains

somebrains Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2017
    You can find a harness that fits the MEC vol and blend pot.
    If you have the PP vol with blend, you adapt over 2 harnesses to it

3. You should keep using the volume and blend pots that are currently installed on your bass and only swap the EQ pots.

4. somebrains

Feb 7, 2017
    The bass it was in is apart right now.
    I just went thru my local electronics store junk bin and found a cutoff 4-pin and 3-pin that worked.

Took my Warwick diagram and the OBP.

Solder and shrinkwrap appropriate wires.

Done.

If I want to go back to the stock 2-band I just plug it back in and resolder the pot to pot bare ground wires.

Some Warwicks don't have any, add them.

Attached Files:

5. So how does it sound with the PvP 3 and MES pj. Combo now ?

6. somebrains

Feb 7, 2017
    The MEC golds aren't bad, EMGs are better depending on whether you buy the flavor ofof EM suited for what you are doing. iE X, AX, vanilla active, etc.

I have a Bart PJ set in it right now that I prefer with the OBP3.