1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheRagingSwede, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Is anyone out there aware of whether or not the necks for warwick basses are interchangable (ie could I put a corvette neck on a fortress)?

In an ideal situation, I would get my hands on an ocean blue fortress in mint condition, order a new neck via the custom shop with an ebony fretboard, planet inlays, the brass nut, and silver tuning keys with a D-Tuner. Then I'd just slap that in the existing fortress, perhaps replace the MEC stuff with seymour duncan stuff, and go to town.

Jesus, I need alot more money.

2. The necks are interchangeable but I'm not sure if Warwick would sell just a neck, I know they wouldn't a few years back, they only sent necks out as warranty replacements, but they may have changed there policy now?

Another watchout is how well the neck fits or doesn't fit! I had a new Warwick several years ago that wouldn't set up at all, the action wouldn't go down, just had loads of trouble with it, e-mailed the importer at the time (not the current UK importer) and got no where so e-mailed Warwick who got the importer back on it and they ended up fitting a new neck!!

Tony

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I know back in the 90s they definitely were interchangeable. Couple of years ago however, I wanted a fretless neck for my Corvette and they wouldn't sell it to me. One of the best customoer service departments on the planet, but no new necks.

4. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I seem to remember recently that someone did manage to persuade them to send them a fretless neck after they gave them the serial numbers of their bass and some other stuff, either way I think they got their neck in the end.

5. Hopefully the information about the bass (when and if I ever get it) and enough green paper will persuade them to do me the same courtesy.