1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Warwick NT4 Thumb

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jefff100, Dec 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jefff100

jefff100 Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Jersey Pine Barrens
    Price:
    Strings:
    Note: Bass is sold, has been shipped to buyer!

I bought the bass back in the summer to scratch an itch, and having done that I found that I love the tone but I've simply got too many basses. Not really interested in trades unless its truely tempting. Primarily I'm looking to regain closet space.

$1400. Paypal is fine.

Details: Its a German built Thumb. Bubinga and Wenge, made in 2000. Weight is 9 lb, 11 oz. according to the calibrated shipping scale at work. The bass is in excellent shape. There are some light scratches on the back of the body, only one comes even close to breaking through the surface of the finish. No gouges or big dents anywhere on the bass. I tried to show the worst of the blemishes in the photos.

The neck pickup shows some wear on the top of the plastic pickup cover where previous owner played somewhat aggressively and there is some abrasion of the plastic under the E and A strings. There is a closeup photo of this.

All the components are stock. IE pickups, tuners, bridge, knobs, etc.

Previous owner relocated the lower strap button to address the chronic neck dive that many players experience with a Thumb bass. It is an effective solution. I initially had some neck dive but found that if i used a strap that had a suede backing, this combined with the relocated button for better balance made the neck dive not much of an issue.

I had a question regarding fret wear & to that end I slackened the strings and photographed them as best I could. Fret photos attached. In a nutshell there is some very slight wear on frets 2 and 3. Fretwear mostly under the A string. Fret 4 has some marks but the wear is not heavy enough that you could feel it. Fret 5 is clean, no marks.

I have not had any issues with setup or fret buzz, so as I see it, the frets are in good shape.
    Includes original hard shell case. Case has stickers from previous owner, some tape repairs in the corners and a broken foot. All 4 latches work and it opens, closes & carries fine.

Warwick%206-L.
    Warwick%205-L.
    Warwick%207-L.
    Warwick%2018-L. Warwick%2019-L.
    Warwick%2013-L.
    Warwick%208-L.
    Warwick%2017-L.
    2017121717122236-IMG_3765-L.
    Warwick%2022-L. Warwick%204-L. Warwick%2021-L.
    Warwick%202-L. Warwick%203-L.

Fret 1:
    Warwick%20fret%202-L.

Fret 2
    Warwick%20fret%203-L.

Fret 3
    Warwick%20fret%204-L.

Fret 4
    Warwick%20fret%205-L.

Fret 5
    Warwick%20fret%206-L.

Fret 6
    Warwick%20fret%207-L.

Fret 7
    Warwick%20fret%208-L.

Fret 8
    Warwick%20fret%209-L.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. clcotro

clcotro

Mar 17, 2011
    Hawthorne (CA)
    Hello, its available?

3. jefff100

Jan 23, 2010
    Jersey Pine Barrens
    yes, it is.

4. clcotro

clcotro

Mar 17, 2011
    Hawthorne (CA)
    Great, i live in Howthorne California, How much shipping to my city?

5. jefff100

Jan 23, 2010
    Jersey Pine Barrens
    I'll send you details via PM.

You may want to consider deleting the post above for your own personal security.

best regards,

Jeff

clcotro likes this.
  6. clcotro

clcotro

Mar 17, 2011
    Hawthorne (CA)
    i´ll be waiting

7. jefff100

Jan 23, 2010
    Jersey Pine Barrens
    PM sent

8. jefff100

Jan 23, 2010
    Jersey Pine Barrens
    Just a note to let everyone know the Thumb Bass is still available; just in case you need to get yourself a Christmas present 'cause nobody bought it for you :)

9. Onemanbanned

Onemanbanned Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2012
    MSP
    I wouldn't worry about the fret wear at all. I had one and as heavy as the beast is, nothing would growl like these basses. Darn good price for a darn good bass. Pick up a Levy's thick strap and you are set. The body contour is excellent. You won't be disappointed. This is an unsolicited bump for a truly fatboy German made bass no longer made like they used to be. Someone grab this. GLWS!

jefff100 likes this.
  10. moon-bass

moon-bass Supporting Member

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    Seriously, how is this still here? This is going for less than some Thumb b/O's that I have seen! Glwts!!!

11. jefff100

Jan 23, 2010
    Jersey Pine Barrens
    I've had a few nibbles, but to date nobody has pony'ed up the dough. I'm not a dealer and not looking to make a profit: I'm basically selling it for what I paid.

If nobody here on TB wants it; I'll eventually list it on ebay.

12. jefff100

Jan 23, 2010
    Jersey Pine Barrens
    Note: Bass is to be considered sold at this point, assuming this deal all works out.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    davec likes this.