1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

warwick old necks vs. new necks: need info

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rumblefisher, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Hey does anyone have the neck measurements for old Warwick necks vs. new ones? (I think before '98 the necks were wenge and smaller and after '98 they became ovangkol and much larger). Thanks!

I am specifically interested in neck thickness, btw.

2. 98 FNA 4-string(avatar pic), wenge neck: thickness at 1st fret-just short of 13/16"; 12th fret- about 15/16"; 17th(last one before it thickens for the heel)-a tad over 15/16".

3. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Wow, thank you for the measurements, that was exactly what I was looking for, or at least a very important part :) Do you know if that qualifies as an "old" neck or "new" neck (the fact that you said it was wenge leads me to believe it is of their "old" variety. Also, is it still that D profile?

Again, THANKS!

4. if you look in the "custom" section of the warwick website, the old-style necks are still available and they have detailed dimensions.

5. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Thanks RC :)