1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick options

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zerozeddy, Sep 25, 2008.

1. I played a 5 string Streamer $$ yesterday (unplugged) and now want one - based purely on it having the ideal ergonomics for me. I'm a bit put off by the complexity of the electronics (just want one passive pickup, me).

Anyway, given that any Warwick 5 string will have the same awesome neck, I'm checking shops for their alternatives, and it seems that practically all pickup and build options are common across the range.

So is the only difference between a Streamer, Thumb, Corvette, Katana and Infinity etc just the body shape? Obviously the Thumb is tiny so is presumably lightest, but is a Streamer always heavier or lighter than a Corvette, for example? And which IS the heaviest?

2. A corvette is never heavy! :p

And hear me, they are not just the same pickups in different bodies.

3. That's half a story. Please elucidate.

4. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    you'd be surprised but alot of the time the thumb is up there with the heavy weights.. mass is nothing when it comes to weight..

5. xikbastard

xikbastard

May 7, 2007
    Singapore
    warwick ranges has a wide tonal range and varieties.. the taranis 5 that i am using is quite light and balance really well. its a passive pups and sounded totally a different animal. Passive MEC JM/MM pickups with extra large pole pieces and passive electronics.

6. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    After Comparing the thumb bolt on 4, the corvette $$ and the streamer Jazzman
    weight went in order of

Streamer 4.2kg
    Thumb 4kg
    Corvette 3.9kg

so i was kinda right :)..

7. Ooo - so are some woods not common to all models?

8. BTW, there are two different Warwick 5 string necks, I believe the Streamer Stage I's had the Broadneck option.

9. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    please... knock yourself out

www.warwick.de

:)

they are probably one of the most custom basses on the market.. anything you want they can do.. but ive seen custom shop qoutes in the 5 figure region.. enjoy..

10. Ta. Hadn't been able to see the wood for the trees on that website. But had missed the Overview page - that's what I needed.

11. Now stop me if I'm wrong, but it reads like the main difference twixt the models other than shape is in fact the wood rather than anything else. Cool.