1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick or ESP?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ikickuintheballs, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Hey, I'm wondering if I should save up more to get a Warwick Streamer Standard or an ESP LTD B-305? How much are the Warwick Streamers? Under $900? The ESP is just 600 and is pretty good for me but I think I may wanna go spend a bit more for better quality. Thanks.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'd say go Warwick...

But I have to say that - I'm German, exporting to the U.S. helps keeping our economy going.

Buy more Warwicks and BMWs people laugh.

3. I'm part German =) *has a German flag in his room* =)

4. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    OK, joking aside, if you like the Warwick and the ESP is only so-so, save up til you can afford it. It's better to wait a little to get what fits you than to compromise and regetting it later...

If they're on par, get the ESP, one is always in need of some spare change to spend on girls or ...girls. laugh.

5. bste9

bste9

Jun 15, 2000
    St. Louis
    id go warwick. i think the streamer std is around 700. if you want to save a little more go for the corvette std, its about 850 and has much more quality than the streamer.

6. wow.. the streamer's about 700! hehe just another 100.. or I can save up a little more and the get corvette. =) What's different in the corvette and the streamer? (other than the price :D)

7. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    JMX, I'd really like to buy a BMW but I have a small problem with those green papers you need to hand in when you take one of those babies home.

regarding the Warwick, don't worry I already got mine, it's the BMW I'm getting troubles with (a Mercedes-Benz will do though).

8. The corvette has jazz p/u streamer has hums.. hmm.. do they have about the same tone though? I like a nice beefy tone.. something that I can play some rock and some jazz (not really jazz but like pop jazz like some incubus songs).

9. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The humbuckers will work just fine...I mean those aren't EB-O PUs or sth.
    I never played a modern humbucker that was inferior to singlecoils, in fact most are better-sounding IMO

10. so do ya think that the hums in the streamer have better tone than the j's in the corvette?

11. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    They'll have a slightly different timbre, but that's really a minor difference. The construction differences of those models (body/neck material and construction, EQ-electronics) outweight the difference of SC vs. HB. I doubt Warwick's HB-PUs sound much different from their SCs.
    But in any case, play before you buy. But I'm sure you're gonna like the quiet HBs, I personally abhor humming PUs laugh.

12. Yea, I love hums.. but I love the body of the Corvette. hehe =) ahhh. I gotta go to Guitar Center and have them lemme play em. Ahh time to start working!

13. are all of these basses bolt on? or are the higher models neck-thru? .. I can't wait until I go to Guitar Center and go into that room full of Warwicks *gets dizzy* hehe Later!

14. AssMan

AssMan

Dec 2, 2000
    Minnesota, USA
    Well the streamer std. is ok but it doesn't offer that much. I'd save your $$ and go for an active corvette standard. The corvette has a dense bubinga body which gives it a more growly tone. If you want the warwick growl, get the vette. Otherwise get the ESP. It's already a fully featured model and it's not a bad bass at all. The streamer std. is warwick's "economy" version and it's not a bad bass either, but it doesn't offer as much as the ESP. The corvette active std. is also fully featured and you won't want change thing on it and it will last you forever. Although pick-ups and electronics are easily changed wood and craftsmanship are not. Warwicks use awesome more exoitic woods and are built solidly. The LTD uses more traditional woods that although they may be cheaper, they may not be inferior. The LTD's are not built as well as well as Warwicks, but they are still built pretty well. When it comes to woods, it's all in the tone you prefer. I'd suggest playing both and seeing which one you like better and which one is right for you. I'm personally saving for a Corvette std. 5-string, but that's because the Corvette has the tone, the features I want, and it's right for me. Still, what's right for me may not be for you. If all else fails buy the ESP, if you don't like it, save up some more cash, and trade it and the cash for the warwick. Oh yeah the warwicks are bolt-ons and the ESP LTD b-305 is a neck-through.

15. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    All during the month of January the GC near me had the Streamer Std. on sale,$399 for the 1 PU and I believe $499 for the 2 PU.They may do it again,ya never know.

16. The Warwick....without a doubt...I´ve never been an ESP fan...don´t like their basses at all, playing and viewing.

;)

17. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
  18. AssMan.. You're the man! That's exactly what I like to hear! A nice un-biased opinion telling the truth about it all. I'm going to GC later this week to test drive that Vette =) I can't find any places around here that have the ESP LTD B-305 so I can't play it and see how it works for me so if the Warwick works for me, I'm getting it. If it doesn't I'll go order the ESP and if it doesn't work, I'll just sell it and keep looking. Thanks for your help!

19. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    save youre cash man! Ive had my warwick corvette pro-line for along time noW! I cant play anything else now!

20. Lol, In a year or so man. I need a 5 string as soon as I can get it! (I only have $201 right now) Later on, I'll be getting those pro-line Warwicks. Mmmmmm I can just feel it and hear it nowwwwwwwww *drools* =) later