Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Or Trace Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Aussiephoenix, May 10, 2005.

1. Hi guys. need your Opinion On something:

I currently have the following Rig:

Warwick Profet II
    Warwick 410 Pro
    Trace Elliot 1518

Im pretty happy with the sound so far... however, I've been offered a pretty good deal on a Trace Elliot 410...

I trust this guy, so I know its in good nick, and I remember him saying (some weeks before trying to sell it to me) that this cab has a lot of power, though it lacks a little in sound definitition, like the highs and meds arent THAT great...

I dont know what to do, cause I consider the trace to be better than the warwick cab, but Im kinda afraid that I wont like the sound of the 2 traces together as much as I like what I have. this guy is about 300km away from me, so I dont really have a chance to test it out... :(

What do you guys think? Swap or no?

2. If you like the sound that you've got, I say stick with what works. IMO

3. I agree. If it aint broke don't even TRY to fix it IMHO. ;)

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Looks to me like you already have your answer, but have yet to accept it. You already own a Trace, albeit a different configuration and you seem to like what it does for you in conjunction with the Warwick 4x10 which you already own and already know you like.

To echo the others - stick with what you already know you like. Speaking from experience, I've tried to fix too many things that didn;t need fixing in the first place and I've regretted it.

5. shnapper

shnapper

May 1, 2005
    Az
    Is the only way to obtain the trace by trade? Maybe you should just buy it from him and add to what you have? I could only think you don't want a room full of cabs, but it never hurts to have a few extra items....... :hyper:

Otherwise I agree with the others, don't take a chance and possibly tarnish the good sound you have now...... :)

6. Yeah, I already knew the answer as you have all pointed out... I love the sound I get out of my current rig, so Im just gonna let the GAS slide on this one. Cant have everything.

Thanks Guys.

7. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Yeah, and I'd never be comfortable with that big W on my speaker grille!!!!! :D

8. Actually... it isnt there. ;)

The chick I bought this from must have been a Goth, as she purposedly took the grill off and painted it black. hence, no Big W.

9. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    I rest my case!!!!!