1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick owners, a bit of help please :)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Gigel, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Gigel

Gigel

Mar 14, 2009
    Romania, Bucharest
    Now this might seem like a dumb question, probably is.. but still.. I own a '08 Corvette Ash 5 string and I've got a question about the Warwick 2 piece bridge.
    Which way are you supposed to turn the "floating" bridge adjustment screws to lower the bridge? For example am I supposed to turn all four adjustment screws clockwise, or counter-clockwise, or two this way and the other two that way ..how do you adjust your Warwick? I mean I simply don't get it :D help please

2. Looking at my FNA, IIRC the larger two allens at each end of the bridge lock/unlock the bridge & the four smaller ones raise & lower it, as well as making small adjustments to the angle of the bridge relative to the bass' body. Turning the 4 smaller allens counterclockwise should lower it. DO NOT try to raise or lower it w/o being certain that it is unlocked.

3. Gigel

Gigel

Mar 14, 2009
    Romania, Bucharest
    Ok, thanks for the quick reply, but another question, should the screws recess in the body, or work their way up when I turn them counterclockwise?

4. On the four smaller screws that are at the corners of the bridge(looking straight at/down at the bass),they should come up/out of the bridge as you turn them counterclockwise- I believe. If something feels tight, DO NOT force it. I'll fiddle w/mine & get back to you.

Edit: OK- insert a 2.5mm allen wrench into the locking screw; of the 3 at each end of the bridge, it's the one in the middle. Loosen both of them, then raise or lower the bridge w/the 4 at the corners. Turning clockwise should raise it; going counterclockwise should of course have the opposite effect. If this does not seem to make perfect sense it would not hurt to go to a good luthier. Also read all you can about general setup, both here & elsewhere. Any little adjustment you make will affect everything else to some extent.

5. Gigel

Gigel

Mar 14, 2009
    Romania, Bucharest
    Ok thanks a lot man, you helped me a bunch :D yeah that's why I was asking about the screws, cause some of them seemed a bit tight, and I was afraid to force anything, anyway I usually loosen and pull out the two locking screws before I try to adjust the height, I hope that's not a bad idea :)

6. Yes, on the individual saddles, you need to loosen the locking allen before trying to adjusting height.

7. Gigel

Gigel

Mar 14, 2009
    Romania, Bucharest
    Got it setup just how I wanted it, heh got my love back :D it was just one screw which was kinda stuck so one corner of the bridge was kinda high, I put just a bit more push into it, it gave in and now she's setup wonderfully.
    Thanks for your input man :)