1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick owners - do you wax your neck?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by RavCat, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    69.2%
  1. Do you?

I know there are a already posts on this, but there seems to be a difference of opinion.

I'd like to know how the masses do it.

2. matt hunt

matt hunt

Dec 16, 2005
    London
    Nope, just the body. I think i read somewhere that the moisture from your hands is enough for the neck wood.

3. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    In my early "7th heaven with a Warwick" days,I used to wax it completely,as reccomended on the W.site.After a few months I regreted this because there was a good ammount of dirt sticking on the bass,both on the neck and the body's most exposed parts (around the pots,above the PU's,etc).
    When I began transforming it (a fretted Streamer Stage I from '90,now a fretless),I just buffed out all the wax from everywhere...the hardest part to be cleaned was,you guessed,...the neck.When I got to the bare wood,I applied 6-7 layers of pure Tung oil (this took almost 14 months because pure Tung oil needs a LONG time to polymerize...but it worth it as long as the wood changed on something like bone),then I re-finished the entire bass as what it became...oil finish!
    No trace of (built overnight) dirt this time,only a clean,easy to maintain,fast neck.
    Regards,

4. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I just wax the body every month. Though for the neck, I give it a monthly shot of Gerlitz Guitar Honey.

5. WarwickFan

WarwickFan

Feb 7, 2005
    Florida
    Yes, I wax the back of the neck.

6. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I too wax the back of the neck.. never the fretboard however. I basically wax the hell out of my Wariwcks for about 6 months, then I apply less and less frequently...

7. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    Don't wax it but will give it a once over every so often with a very very very small amount of teak oil.

8. WarwickThumb777

WarwickThumb777

Jan 17, 2006
    N.R.V-Virginia
    Registered Sex Offender
    I rub it down twice a week with chicken skin..The grease really gives it a shine.I do have a problem with homeless people and dogs following me home from gigs..Otherwise I use Howard Feed-N-Wax and Gerlitz Guitar Honey..Harvey makes a wikked guitar amp as well

9. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    No, I've found it more painful than shaving.:smug:

Seriously, I mostly leave them alone, but will use Dr. Ducks AxWax not the paste.

10. Thanks for your input guys ... I'm still not certain which I'll do...