1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Passives vs Actives

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grifff, Oct 13, 2009.

1. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    I have the chance to get a Warwick Corvette 5 string for 499. It's the passive model I believe.

What's your opinion on the active electronic corvettes vs the passive corvettes? Do they sound about the same without boosting the lows or highs?

How difficult would it be to change the electronics from the passive MEC's to the active MEC's?

2. Jehos

Jehos Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    I used to be a big fan of the actives when I owned a Corvette Proline 5. Now that I have one of the Corvette Standard Ash 5's, I'm in love with the passive setup. It's just so...expressive. I think that what I really love though is just Warwicks with more traditional wood bodies (maple or ash instead of bubinga or wenge).

Changing wouldn't be that difficult I don't think if you're ok with a little soldering.

3. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    Thanks! I was actually looking at the $$ 5er with the ash body but then this bass popped up. For 499 I don't think I could go wrong since I already have a fretless STD 4.